Job #: 6641
Title: Site Manager
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Summary: JOB DESCRIPTION
The role of the Site Manager is to plan, organize and manage maintenance, retrofits and repair activities at assigned project sites according to strict deadlines, quality standards, and within established budget following the contractual obligations set forth in the site service/maintenance contract. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to perform according to approved plans. The Site Manager is also responsible for all site reporting obligations, balance of plant maintenance and scheduling of outages with the local interconnect entity.
An additional phase of the project is in the planning stages, and this phase would be under the management of the Site Manager as well. This would be an additional 160MW (sixty-four (58) turbines). The Site Manager will be hired during the construction phase to help build and organize the service operation to ensure a smooth roll out from COD to operations and maintenance. He or she will work closely with service support functions based onsite.
- Wind turbine maintenance: 5 years
- Large utility wind farm supervisor/management: 3 years
- Direct and manage day to day site activities and O&M personnel
- Ensure compliance with all project safety, environmental and contractual responsibilities.
- Ensure environmental compliance with regulation, customer requirements and industry best practices.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential conflicts, and devise contingency plans.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Recruit, select, train and manage plant operating, maintenance and administrative staff.
- Monitor and schedule Balance of Plant activities for the site collection system, as well as site substation equipment. Effectively communicate maintenance expectations to team members, contractors, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate, source, and manage the suppliers, contractors, and other participants needed to achieve maintenance goals.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule maintenance timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver necessary operations and progress reports, proposals and presentations as required.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively manage internal and external resources
- Excellent training and coaching skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Willingness to travel when necessary for training and customer meetings
- Experience in building an O&M site organization for a construction-in-progress wind farm is highly desirable
- PLC programming and advanced troubleshooting skills desirable
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance and work at heights greater than 80 meters (250 feet).
Education and Experience:
- BS in an engineering discipline desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the maintenance of MW class WTGs
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory/management role of a large, utility size wind project
How to Apply: