Job #: 6644
Title: Senior Internal Audit
Job Location: Seattle, Washington - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR - SEATTLE
We`re looking for a Senior Auditor to direct auditing process. They`ll rely on you to ensure that financial operations and controls meet standards and are error-free. Senior Auditor must be meticulous and analytical, with deep knowledge of auditing practices. Reliable and strong organizational skills, as well as expertise in risk management and compliance. You`ll join a State of the Art Consumer & Commercial Bank offering retail banking, commercial, commercial lending, real estate lending and mortgage lending. Consistently recognized with an Outstanding Rating by the Community Reinvestment Act. Meeting the credit needs of the community, including low and moderate-income neighborhoods. Focused on what is most important: building long-term relationships with customers and providing ongoing support to their communities. JOB DESCRIPTION
Minimum of five years of audit experience, preferably bank audit. Plan, develop, conduct and oversee the auditing process of management information and financial reporting compliance, Bank policies and regulations, risk management and efficient Bank operations. Data analytics experience would be a plus. Experience with audit specific software such as ACL, IDEA, AutoAudit or TeamMate would be a plus but are not required. Well-spoken, detail-oriented, and professional.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and developing audit programs and review of audit work performed by auditors.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Consulting in the areas of internal control standards and internal policies and procedures with management. Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audits results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Providing effective communication of audit findings, preparing reports on the results of an audit. Reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, timely and constructive. Reports are presented and discussed with management and may include staff committee that oversees the operation of the department.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sectors rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standard
- Communicate effectively with key personnel in other departments to obtain responses to findings noted during an audit. Recommendations can be developed independently or through a collaborative process with the audited department
- BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5+ years audit or related experience required. Professional certification highly desired.
- Audit experience with a mortgage banking or a financial institution preferred.
- Knowledge of basic technology concepts and controls and experience in performing integrated audits strongly preferred.
- Experience evaluating and testing internal controls required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High level of integrity, an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Professionally handle confidential matters.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word preferred.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to lead an audit and coordinate the work of assigned staff, when needed
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent audits projects.
- Ability to learn quickly; accurate and timely in completing responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire, enjoy and encourage working with employees and customers, in a cooperative, professional and friendly service oriented spirit
- Work cooperatively with, and maintain effective communication and working relationship with, co-workers and manager.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: