Job #: 4992
Title: Director of Architecture
Job Location: San Francisco, California - United States
Salary: $145,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
USA and Maybe Canada
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is one of the largest and most respected Archtectural, Engineering and Construction firms in America. This is a new position due to growth in the San Francisco regional office for their Buildings & Infrastructure business, which is a global network of employees serving both the private and public sector. They have world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities by providing their clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. They consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies. JOB DESCRIPTION
In this position you will manage all architecture on projects with a team of 10-15 architects and support people. Reporting to the Regional Manager your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Seller-Doer - Developing and maintaining internal and external client networks and serving as a primary contributor during client meetings and presentations
- Representing the firm in a positive manner at meetings, presentations and in public
- Participating in directing growth and strategic planning as part of the Companys management team
- Initiating, preparing and reviewing proposals and participating in interviews in response to RFPs and RFQs
- Developing and delivering presentations
- Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver projects while maintaining quality.
- Leading and mentoring project team members and thereby creating a positive team working environment
- Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders to ensure full understanding and commitment to the agreed to deliverables
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline
- Ensuring the obligations of the agreement between Client and the Company are fulfilled
- Developing and monitoring financial and project delivery schedules, including change management.
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture from an accredited University is required.
- Professional Registration as an Architect.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in vertical buildings programs is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of management involving direct client contact and full responsibility for projects is required
- Specific project experience in Buildings including Education, Healthcare is preferred.
- Also Science & Technology type of experience. (Data centers, Mission critical facilities, laboratories)
- Must have good social, networking, organization, communication, people and presentation skills
- Proven leadership record in the industry
- Proven ability to strategize and direct business growth and direction
- Forward thinking and ability to articulate clear vision and understanding of trends in the vertical space
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle and able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases
- Must have experience dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Possess an analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
- LEED accreditation a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: