Job #: 4960
Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (17-624789)
Job Location: Omaha, Nebraska - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Are you looking to make a difference in the world? Are you passionate about both business and philanthropy? This opportunity would fuel both! If you are a CPA, strategic thinker, tax strategist and a team player, our client would like you to join their company as their Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer / CFO is a key member of the leadership team and lead financial officer of the Family Office working with both a for-profit/taxable enterprise and not-for-profit organizations. The Chief Financial Officer / CFO provides fiduciary oversight for a diverse portfolio of financial interests. Responsible for (a) improving upon and overseeing core finance & accounting, wealth management, tax planning, & risk management processes, (b) providing fiduciary oversight, (c) supporting sound internal financial decision-making, and (d) providing family members and ventures with outstanding financial support. The Chief Financial Officer / CFO also ensures the effective administration of trusts and provides fiduciary insight and counsel to trustees. JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBILITIES if the Chief Financial Officer role: QUALIFICATIONS
- Accounting & Cash Management.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems and ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Manage the annual budget process for all family households and companies.
- Work with our familys Investment Committee to create an investment portfolio that optimizes returns and risks by incorporating financial objectives, tax consequences, and time horizons.
- Wealth Management, Tax Planning, Investment Strategy & Stewardship, & Risk Management.
- Drive efficient and effective income and estate tax planning by partnering with accountants, tax advisors, and estate attorneys.
- Provide finance and accounting services such as tax preparation, risk management, bill pay, and payroll administration.
QUALIFICATIONS needed for the Chief Financial Officer position:
- Bachelors degree required in Accounting, Finance, and/or related field with a CPA. Proficient understanding of accounting and tax principles a must.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of hands-on accounting experience (combination of business, personal, trust and partnership) including 5+ years experience in a successful CFO role, either corporate or in a privately-held company. Prior experience working with a Single Family Office or Multi-family Office a strong plus.
- Broad experience or understanding of foundations, trusts, and estates, and various legal entities; S-Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Real Estate Partnership, including tax and accounting for such entities.
- Experience managing a team including hiring and performance management.
- Budgeting, fiscal management principles and procedures for for-profit and nonprofit entities, or the ability to learn.
- Proficiency with computers and relevant software applications, e.g. Oracle, SAP, Great Plains, and/or other financial systems, Microsoft Excel.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: