Job #: 4927
Title: VP of Accounting
Job Location: New York, New York - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our Client, a top global bank is looking for a VP of Accounting to ensure the financial accounting procedures are well maintained for the broker-dealer. Significant Exposure to the Front Office! JOB DESCRIPTION
- Manage the financial review of three broker-dealers by reviewing the annual audits and financial statements.
- Oversee the ledger entries to provide accounting insight to other departments.
- Analyze the income statement and balance sheet to ensure the monthly close is effective.
- Provide SEC and Regulatory Reporting to business lines including equity sales/trading, commodities trading, municipal trading, repos, and securities lending.
- Maintain technical accounting matters such as consolidations, transfer accounting, fair value, and derivative determination.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA highly preferred.
- 5+ years of Broker Dealer accounting experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus.
- Previous broker-dealer experience regarding audit, financial statements, and regulatory reporting.
- Solid GAAP and SEC Regulatory Reporting experience.
- Capital Markets product knowledge including derivatives, repurchase agreements, securities lending, and commodities.
How to Apply: