Job #: 4626
Title: Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Hospitalist
Job Location: Hornell, New York - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Hospitalist
Full time ~70 hours over a 2 week pay period.
Shift Expectations: Shifts are 9 hours 7 hours a week, no on call, split between 2 providers JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Results & Essential Functions
- Attend regular documented meetings (at least monthly) with SJMH providers to discuss systems/patient flow quality, improvement in scheduling, and patient and physician relationships.
- Participate and regularly meet at least monthly with Medical Program Director and/or administration to review progress of hospitalist program.
- Assist with review of approved and updated Joint Commission standards, policies, procedures, and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, provide guidance to hospitalist program services to include policies, personnel, services, marketing, quality assurance monitoring, and education.
- Regularly assess needs of the program to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Encouraging teamwork and participation
- Assist with orienting new providers
- Perform appropriate assessment and internal care as required on all patients who present with internal medical conditions.
- Coordinate patient treatment plan and consult specialists as appropriate.
- Order, interpret, or perform all appropriate diagnostic tests necessary to complete the evaluation and treatment plan.
- Perform essential procedural skills required for internal care
- Ensure the ethical practice of internal medicine and respect for all staff and patients.
- Liaison with Medical Director, nursing, and medical staff to ensure a collegial work environment.
- Advocate for due process for complaint resolution and other issues relating the Hospitalist staff.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff to ensure public health department case reporting.
- Collaborates with appropriate agencies to ensure intervention and referral of cases such as sexual assault, child or elder abuse and psychiatric crisis.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physician Assistant studies or Master of Nursing for Nurse Practitioner. The degree must have been obtained from and institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Preferred experience in Internal Medicine, Internal or Family Medicine, Interest in training other trainees.
- Internal medicine provider with proven clinical and administrative skills
- Meets requirements for annual continuing medical education.
Licenses and/or Certifications
- Must possess a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States
- Board certification
- Must possess the following certifications:
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: