Job #: 4627
Title: Physician Assistant - Orthopedics
Job Location: Hornell, New York - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Physician Assistant - Orthopedics
Full time - Direct Hire with full benefits
Location: 1 hour South of Rochester NY JOB DESCRIPTION
- Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment and action
- Provides patient care consistent with the scope of privileges defined by the sponsoring department, written practice protocols, applicable State and Federal laws and regulations; and in collaboration with other health team members.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining history and physical examinations.
- Completing daily patient evaluations and assessments per protocol.
- Performing routine procedures per protocol and established standards.
- Writing medication and other medical orders per specific patient care protocols.
- Instructing and counseling patients and families in collaboration with other health team members.
- Documenting pertinent findings in patient record.
- Identifies and participates in research and quality assurance activities.
Effective Collaboration that Helps Achieve Organizational Goals
- Participates in department and/or system wide team dynamic initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day support of workflow within the work unit; including disseminating information, assigning staff to cover for absences, providing technical assistance, answering questions and resolving problems as directed by the Supervisor of Clinical Support.
- Acts as a team player and works collaboratively within the team and organization.
- Assists with developing priorities, goals, and action plans.
- Responds to requests from Clinical Supervisor.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to assist with evaluation of programs and services.
Useful Suggestions for Process Improvement
- Identifies better, faster, more efficient ways of doing tasks as well as eliminates unnecessary work and all non-value-added activities to enable a focus on work that generates greater value.
- Responds to requests from Clinical Supervisor, and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to assist with evaluation of programs and services. Communicates with Supervisor regarding cost savings initiatives and planning.
- Utilizes understanding of regulatory requirements to identify ways to improve process quality and compliance.
Education & Experience
Completion of an AMA approved Physicians` Assistant Program.
Licenses and/or Certifications
Certified as a Registered Physician`s Assistant.
Strong new grads will be considered
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: