Job #: 4628
Title: Physician - Emergency Department
Job Location: Hornell, New York - United States
Salary: $240,000.00 - $280,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Physician - Emergency Department
Emergency Department Physician opportunity for a full service regional hospital committed to excellence! Located one hour south of Rochester, just west of the beautiful Finger Lakes region.
Full Time - Direct Hire - Full Benefits
$175-$195 per hour
Patients: 13,000 Annually
The ED serves as the "front door" of the institution with the majority of admissions coming through the ED. Physicians working in the clinical environment are expected to have a clear understanding of their role in patient care, as well as the requirements needed to care for patients in the environment. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Results & Essential Functions
- Perform assessment/examinations on initial encounter with unscheduled, emergency and new patients
- Coordinate patient treatment plan and consult specialists as appropriate
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests necessary to complete the evaluation and treatment plan
- Performs necessary procedural skills like endotracheal intubation, central line placement, etc.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff to ensure public health department case reporting
- Collaborate with appropriate staff to ensure intervention and referral of cases such as sexual assault, child or elder abuse and psychiatric crisis
- Provide timely completeness and content of charts
- Effective collaboration that helps achieve organizational goals
- Work collaboratively and supportively with members of the medical staff to provide emergency services to all patients who present to the emergency department
- Act as a team player and work collaboratively within the team and organization
- Assist with developing priorities, goals, and action plans
- Respond to requests from department manager and Emergency Department Director
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to assist with evaluation of programs and services
- Work collaboratively with heads of diagnostic and therapeutic departments to ensure availability, quality, and effective use of services, and with chiefs of services to ensure that house staff services are appropriate
- Ensure departmental performance meets or exceeds standards described in medical staff rules and regulations, hospital bylaws, departmental policies, Joint Commission Manual of Accreditation, and in other appropriate local and national standards
Education & Experience
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from an institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Preferred experience in Emergency Medicine, Internal or Family Medicine, Interest in training other trainees.
- Emergency medicine physician with proven clinical and administrative skills
- Meets ACEP requirements for annual continuing medical education.
Licenses and/or Certifications
- Must possess a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States
- Board certification in emergency medication preferred
- Must possess the following certifications: ATLS; ACLS; PALS; BLS
- Strong verbal, organizational and inter personal skills are required.
- Appropriately focuses to the audience, whether administrators, medical staff members, EMS providers, or the lay public.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the financial, managerial, and marketing aspects of emergency department.
Physical Demands: Must be able to remain in a standing position 50% of the time, move about within the work area, access file cabinets, copier and fax machines, walk to transport specimens, communicate, converse and exchange information and move, transport or position a minimum weight of 50
University - PhD
How to Apply: