Job #: 4629
Job Location: Hornell, New York - United States
Salary: $225,000.00 - $250,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Seeking a dedicated in-patient Physician to work exclusively in the Hospital.
From Start and before mid level is hired:
24/7 In-house coverage 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
4:00 PM-8:00 PM within 20 miles of Hornell
8 PM-8 AM - within 90 mins of Hornell
When mid level is hired, Schedule will change to:
8:00 AM-4:00 PM - 7 days on 7 days off
Other coverage handled by mid-levels
187 shifts per year
Location: 1 hour south of Rochester NY.
West of the Beautiful Finger Lakes Region and south of Rochester NY and Lake Ontario. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Results & Essential Functions
- Attend regular documented meetings (at least monthly) with Hospital providers to discuss systems/patient flow quality, improvement in scheduling, and patient and physician relationships.
- Participate and regularly meet at least monthly with Medical Program Director and/or administration to review progress of hospitalist program.
- Assist with review of approved and updated Joint Commission standards, policies, procedures, and medical protocols regarding patient care.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, provide guidance to hospitalist program services to include policies, personnel, services, marketing, quality assurance monitoring, and education.
- Regularly assess needs of the program to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Encouraging teamwork and participation
- Assist with orienting new providers
- Perform appropriate assessment and internal care as required on all patients who present with internal medical conditions.
- Coordinate patient treatment plan and consult specialists as appropriate.
- Order, interpret, or perform all appropriate diagnostic tests necessary to complete the evaluation and treatment plan.
- Perform essential procedural skills required for internal care, i.e. endotracheal intubation, central line placement, etc.
- Ensure the ethical practice of internal medicine and respect for all staff and patients.
- Liaison with Medical Director, nursing, and medical staff to ensure a collegial work environment.
- Advocate for due process for complaint resolution and other issues relating the Hospitalist staff.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff to ensure public health department case reporting.
- Collaborates with appropriate agencies to ensure intervention and referral of cases such as sexual assault, child or elder abuse and psychiatric crisis.
Effective Collaboration that Helps Achieve Organizational Goals
- Work collaboratively and supportively with members of the medical staff to provide services to all patients.
- Assist with developing priorities, goals, and action plans.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams and staff managers to assist with evaluation of programs and services.
- Work collaboratively with heads of diagnostic and therapeutic departments to ensure availability, quality, and effective use of services, and with chiefs of services to ensure that house staff services are appropriate.
Useful Suggestions for Process Improvement
- Identifies better, faster, more efficient ways of doing tasks as well as eliminates unnecessary work and all non-value-added activities to enable a focus on work that generates greater value.
- Responds to requests from Clinical Supervisor, and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to assist with evaluation of programs and services. Communicates with Supervisor regarding cost savings initiatives and planning.
- Utilizes understanding of regulatory requirements to identify ways to improve process quality and compliance.
Education & Experience
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from and institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Preferred experience in Internal Medicine, Internal or Family Medicine, Interest in training other trainees.
- Internal medicine physician with proven clinical and administrative skills
- Meets ACEP requirements for annual continuing medical education.
Licenses and/or Certifications
- Must possess a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States
- Board certification in internal medication
- Must possess the following certifications:
University - PhD
How to Apply: