Job #: 4578
Title: Automation Engineer
Job Location: Meridian, Mississippi - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
A leading manufacturing company in their sector is looking to add a high impact Automation Engineer to their team JOB DESCRIPTION
You will be depended upon to lead the standardization, upgrade and expansion of automated process controls on the manufacturing processes.
Your history of success and prior experience will help you apply your engineering fundamentals and advanced process control tools, ensure processes are centered, capable and in control.
You will also be counted on to reduce process variations and resolve special causes of variation. Achieving this goal will ensure that customer quality expectations are met in the most cost-effective manner.
- You will have the responsibility to design and develop/optimize the process control systems at the plant manufacturing site.
- Establish system standards compatible with those at other division plants.
- Develop a multi-year upgrade plan and execute the plan according to funding approved.
- Prepare programs for computer control systems and prepare/coordinate operational information and data for the plant management.
- Support implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects which chip in substantially to plant profitability.
- Has latitude for independent discernment and discretion to execute primary objectives within established policies, procedures and practices. Secures prior approval for unusual or out of policy actions.
- External contacts include consultants, contractors and suppliers.
- Process control leadership
- Identify process improvement opportunities and initiate action to resolve them. Typical problem-solving situations include analyzing operating problems, developing solutions and leading the implementation of corrective action, using advanced controls tools to reduce process variations and downtime, identifying and resolving special cause variation in the process and participating in SWAT teams to resolve critical process and product problems with customers and vendors.
- Maintain electronic records of process and equipment performance. Train production and maintenance staff to use the tools to minimize variation and control the quality, reliability, and costs. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Automate manual controls where appropriate.
- Implement discrete process control projects. Responsibilities involve the design, feasibility analysis, cost estimation and tracking, contractor selection, scheduling, construction management, training and commissioning associated with leading engineering projects from inception to successful completion.
- Define the improvement needed, identify possible solutions, ensure that plant employees and supervisors are involved in the selection of the best option and are trained in any new procedures.
- Provides technical direction and supervision to vendors, contractors, and employees assigned to a project. Develops equipment and control specifications for assigned projects.
- Provides weekly status reports
- Lead the electrical department
Ensure the proper maintenance of equipment, compliance with electrical codes and adherence to safety regulations. QUALIFICATIONS
Plan and schedule projects, estimate time and materials, supervise subordinates, maintain records and files and prepare reports.
Plan and supervise the work of electricians.
Plan and estimate electrical jobs.
Maintain records on electrical jobs and assign to appropriate personnel.
Assist in coordinating job assignments with the other trades, e.g., mechanics. Engineers, etc.
Assist contractors on jobs.
Maintain knowledge of electrical materials in the warehouse.
Recommend procedure revisions when necessary to fully utilize assigned personnel and equipment.
Resolve procedures for maintenance, installation, modification and repair of electrical assignments.
Inspect work to ensure compliance with standard procedures and electrical assignments.
Examine electrical services for proper working procedures.
Assist with electrical system installation, troubleshooting, and repair as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Requires five years of applied experience in process controls including PLCs within a plant environment or maintenance-related field.
- Up to date knowledge of process control technology is critical
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Able to adhere to site EHS rules at all times.
- Demonstrated experience running projects in a production setting
- Experience monitoring manufacturing processes and equipment and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ability to organize tasks, build schedules and maintain those schedules
- Ability to communicate and sell changes to all levels of the organization
- You are able to direct, supervise and work effectively with the plant, contractor and corporate personnel.
- We prefer experience with Allen Bradley controls in a 24 x 7 continuous heavy manufacturing environment
- We like to hire Military Veterans
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: