Job #: 4579
Title: Production Supervisor
Job Location: Meridian, Mississippi - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our leading client in Mississippi is looking to add another talented supervisor to their operations team.
You will be counted on to lead shift production in attaining production performance and quality goals while maintaining a safe working environment.
The Shift Supervisor is also responsible for crafting a culture of engagement within and between production teams to directly impact and consistently meet plant objectives and deliverables.
You will also be expected to ensure that production teams work collaboratively in the decision making process and that decisions are in alignment with plant goals, objectives, WCM standards, critical metrics and OSHA requirements.
- You will depended on to coach and mentor operators by influencing behaviors to execute and meet assigned responsibilities that directly improve individual, team, and plant performance
- We will expect you to schedule employees
- You will also assign workload, monitor progress, and evaluate results
- Monitor overall production quality, safety, and key operating indicators
- Provide essential communication between management and production crews
- Handle the cleanliness and housekeeping of the production area
- Lead training for new employees, coach, develop, and provide feedback on employee progress
- Prepare incident/accident reports as needed, and conduct necessary follow-ups.
- Provide continuous process and production improvement recommendations
- Lead weekly and monthly production team meetings
- Manage time records, attendance reporting, disciplinary action / reporting of line personnel
- Production reporting, including production output, run rates, waste, downtime, EWO trends, Breakdown management tracking
- First line support for production operators and maintenance to eliminate/minimize machine failure
- Audit quality checks performed by line personnel
- Audit sustainment systems and compliance to AM standards and Daily Duty Sheets
- Identifies inefficiencies or gaps and utilizes skills to develop systems and processes to streamline where necessary utilizing WCM/Lean tools to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provides input regarding employees who are not meeting performance objectives and, when necessary will assist in the discussion with the appropriate manager to provide feedback to associate.
- Provides an accident-free worksite with a goal of Elite yield, availability, reliability, and quality.
- Continuously Evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S system, implements plant rules and safety regulations, coachs employees and supports VMVO and WCM Initiatives.
Highly prefer veterans
Two (2) years of post-high school education (or equivalent experience) or five (5) years of manufacturing experience/industrial/technical experience, or a minimum of (4) years of military experience
4-year degree preferred
Two (2) years of experience guiding, leading or coaching
Flexible, open-minded standout colleague with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent social and problem-solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply: