Job #: 4591
Title: Quality Manager
Job Location: Covington, Virginia - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Quality Manager reporting to the Operational Stewardship and Technical Manager at the Covington Va site is responsible for all Quality Assurance functions. This includes safety, performance management, TS16949 and ISO9001 procedures, statistical reporting, product specification verification, R&R studies, lab supervision, method development, plant trials, sample shipments, analytical calibrations, quality reviews, communication and coordination with operations, technical and sales personnel, and data systems (SAP, Proficy, etc). The Quality Manager will work with the technical group and provide technical and process advice to operations including Wickliffe, KY, Waynesboro, GA, & China. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Manage plant quality assurance for carbon products and report data to operations and customers.
- Coordinate analytical support for plant trials and process troubleshooting.
- Provide technical and process advice to operations including Wickliffe, Waynesboro, & China.
- Use Performance Management Process to improve the effectiveness of the quality assurance group.
- Develop and improve analytical methods.
- Manage the maintenance of data systems (SAP, Proficy, PI, etc)
- Conduct R&R studies to improve testing reproducibility.
- Manage documentation and training systems for quality assurance.
- Participate in the review and approval process for product specifications.
- Interact with customers and help lead continuous improvement efforts to improve products and reduce complaints.
- Conduct Quarterly Management reviews.
- Bachelors in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Quality Assurance strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of quality lab management leadership.
- Strong analytical background in quality control and a production environment.
- Some level of Six Sigma and/or root cause analysis training preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership in continuous improvement projects.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: