Job #: 4567
Title: Speech Language Pathologist - CFY Welcome
Job Location: Cheektowaga, New York - United States
Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Fantastic opportunity for Speech Language Pathologist at a Long Term Care Facility in Cheektowaga, NY. Be a part of a growing, patient-centered team. Located near Buffalo, NY.
Skilled Nursing Facility -
Direct Hire - $30-$35 an hour plus benefits JOB DESCRIPTION
Speech Language Pathologist will assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service to patients
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Treatment and Plan of Care
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient`s condition and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of alternative communication systems when appropriate
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and healthcare staff
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination activities and progress reports as required by Company policy
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient`s right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interests of the patient
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy, regulation
- 1 to 2 years of previous long term care preferred
- Strong CFY Welcome
- M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an approved school required.
- New York State license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist required.
- Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association preferred.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: