Job #: 4462
Title: Director of Rehab $10K Sign On Bonus
Job Location: Palm Springs, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Direct Hire: Director of Rehab
Location: Palm, Springs,CA
The Director has a 24-hour, 7 day a week responsibility to provide clinical and administrative leadership and development and management for the Inpatient and Outpatient programs, and product lines within. Emphasis placed on delivery of quality, cost effective patient care. In collaboration with nursing directors, medical directors, and physicians, develops, implements, manages and maintains program philosophy and goals and objectives, which are consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values.
- Department Gross Operating Budget (approx/avg): $1.8M
- # Staff Supervised: 30 FTEs (Clinical Mgr, Case Mix Mgr, RNs, Certified Nursing Assts)
- # Beds on unit or other defining parameters: 12 licensed beds, ADC 7, staff covered by SEIU and C.N.A. collective bargaining agreements, turnover low, on average unit achieves 5 Star Patient Satisfaction score
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Works closely with Administrative Team, Nursing Directors, internal and external Physicians, Department Managers and staff with responsibilities and accountability for the development and maintenance of the program philosophy goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Nursing Directors, Therapy Managers and Clinic Managers, responsible for the implementation, continuous assessment and improvement of policies and services specific to the programs and product lines within to insure the patients receive individualized, optimal rehabilitative treatment with respect to the principles of growth and development of the patients served.
- Responsible for cost effective, quality operations within budgeted guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Nursing Directors, Therapy Managers, and Clinic Managers, implements successful communication and services between programs and hospital departments. Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure the same.
- In collaboration with the Nursing Directors, Therapy Managers and Clinic Managers, ensures that appropriate quality control processes are implemented and followed within the program and product lines within.
- Participates in management meetings, program meetings, and quality assurance meetings as required. Serves on various internal committees as requested.
- Represents the institution within the community through memberships, committee assignments, consultation, and/or speaking engagements.
- Responsible for ensuring staff competency through the development, assessment and improvement of qualified licensed and non-licensed therapy staff provided by orientation, training, clinical supervision, and performance evaluation. Supports FIM training initiative.
- Responsible for the allocation of the therapy staff to each product line to insure quality patient care within budgeted parameters.
- Responsible for the hiring of new staff, verification of their licensure and ensuring their orientation per hospital policy and procedure.
- Delegates responsibilities to subordinates within the scope of their abilities and expertise.
- Develops in collaboration with the Program Medical Directors, Rehab Leadership Group and Outpatient Managers, the Business Plan for the hospital and Outpatient clinics.
- Gives directions and works closely with the Program Directors, Team Leaders, Clinic Managers and therapy staff to insure quality patient care with respect to the relevant age group of the patient which may be adolescent, adult, or geriatric.
- Responsible for continued professional growth by keeping up to date with program specific information and technology.
- Responsible for guest relations and for the manner in which program staff communicates with patients, families and referral sources. Utilizes and supports empathy communication techniques initiative to enhance patient satisfaction. Requires all staff to provide the highest level of customer service through the use of AIDET.
- Works with Marketing, Rehab Leadership Group, and Outpatient Clinic Management to provide educational materials that are appropriate and readily available for patients and families.
- Maintains effective working relationships with Physicians to develop program support and promote patient referral.
- Communicates established program philosophy, goals and objectives and policies and procedures to staff under his/her supervision. Promotes an environment in which the patient care team can work cooperatively within these guidelines.
- Ensures the maintenance of therapy equipment and supplies to promote the smooth operation of the program/unit/clinic.
- Makes disclosures for the purpose of appropriate patient care and of meeting local and state requirements for reporting
- Conducts daily operations to achieve the Mission: The Hospital You Trust to Care For Those You Love
- Adopts and lives the Values: Patient Focus, Accountability, Compassion, Continuous Improvement, Diversity, Innovation, Integrity, Joy, Teamwork
- Full-time Benefits - Full
- Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
- Commission Compensation - No
- Bonus Eligible - No
- Overtime Eligible - No
- Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
- Current CA RN license or Current CA OT or PT license
- BSN (if RN) - (MSN preferred)
- Current BLS certification
- Five (5) years experience in Acute Rehab (inpatient and/or outpatient) setting
- Three (3) years management experience in Acute Rehab (inpatient and/or outpatient)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated competence as a leader.
- Security Clearance Required: No
- Visa Candidate Considered: No
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: