Job #: 4370
Title: Nurse Supervisor
Job Location: Auburn, New York - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Exciting Nurse Supervisor opportunity for a long term care / short term rehabilitative care facility in Auburn, NY.
Join a growing team of skilled, compassionate staff located between Rochester, NY and Syracuse, NY, just minutes from the beautiful Finger Lakes region!
Direct Hire, Third Shift, Mon-Fri, Every Other Weekend, Full Benefits JOB DESCRIPTION
Maintain quality clinical care for residents/clients through direct supervision of nursing staff. Assure documentation is complete and accurate. Communicate modification to policy and procedures and oversee compliance. Manage changes in Physicians orders. Manage the daily operations of the clinical staff.
- Assure all re-orientation - requirements for nursing staff are met
- Assure all policy and procedures are adhered to by nursing staff . Monitor and maintain compliance with third party agency regulations.
- Enforce the bargaining unit contract fairly and consistently. Address issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Corporate Participation
- Actively participate on variety of committees as appropriate or as requested by management.
- Effectively support corporate goals and initiative through personal goal setting and monitoring progress.
- Assure PRIs are complete and accurate.
- Employee Development
- Oversee the daily activities of the nursing staff. Initiate corrective action as required.
- Serve as a resource for assigned staff on clinical issues.
- Provide effective orientation for all new nursing staff.
- Provide in-services for staff development as appropriate and as required.
- Provide input for employee appraisal process, including per diem staff.
- Provide daily direction and prioritization for nursing staff.
- Quality Assurance
- Monitor quality of care provided by the nursing staff on a daily basis. Initiate remedial action as required.
- Participate in Quality Assurance initiatives. Collect and provide data as required.
- Resident/Client Care
- Provide education and instruction to residents/clients, families and care givers as required.
- Provide assessment for residents/client upon admission and periodically as per regulations
- Obtain and implement Physician orders. Assure documentation is current and accurate.
- Effectively communicate between shifts any changes or triggers in resident/client condition.
- Serve as the team lead during crisis. (Snow storm, fire drill, etc.)
- Assure adequate staffing is provided to meet the needs of the residents/clients.
- Degree from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current NYS license and registration in good standing as an RN.
- (3-5) years nursing supervisory experience.
- (1-2) years experience in long term care / acute care setting.
How to Apply: