Job #: 4371
Title: Nurse Educator / Quality Assurance
Job Location: Auburn, New York - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Seeking a candidate for a Nurse Educator, RN / QA position in Auburn, NY.
The Nurse will split time between Nurse Ed and QA responsibilities.
Salary Based on experience
Reports to: Director of Nursing JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction and supervision of a Director of Nursing or similar, the Nurse Educator, RN, is responsible for the development, facilitation, implementation of educational programs, and maintenance of a positive educational milieu using best practice nursing standards. This is carried out by the coordination of existing and new programs that will continue to improve the quality of resident care through education, proper training, remediation and evaluation of staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Job Duties Specific To Nurse ED Position:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates new and existing educational programs. Establishes a priority system for in-service training needs under the direction of and with approval of unit, department, site or function leadership. Coordinates the delivery of in-service programs on all shifts, as needed.
- Serves as program instructor for clinical training programs.
- Ensures educational programs meet all current federal, state and local regulations, and corporate policies. Initiates new projects to meet training needs or DOH regulations.
- Develops, presents, documents and provides resource material for educational and training needs and programs for staff. Maintains a resource library of Provides for appropriate documentation of all staff in-service records and clinical competencies annually and as needed.
- Maintains current CPR certification and related records for self and staff.
- Audits and monitors compliance of staff and effectiveness of training, educational and in-service programs.
- Assesses individual needs of assigned staff for educational needs and remediation, both theory and clinical, and develops programs to meet those needs using available resources and staff, both in-house and outside speakers, instructors, etc.
- Provides academic and clinical direction and follow-up for RNs/LPNs/HHAs.
- Monitors and maintains all equipment used by Education Department.
- Participates in the review, formulation, and revision of policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Actively participates in quality assurance activities. Plans, implements and reviews training needs for QAPI, and initiates modifications to address deficiencies in programs.
- Assists in the Orientation Programs for all clinical staff as requested.
- Participates in off-site training for self and staff as appropriate. Keeps current in best practices nursing care and training delivery methods.
- Is responsible for promoting, role modeling and fostering compliance in the workplace. Communicates expectations to employees regarding compliance oriented behavior. Demonstrates adherence to all compliance policies and procedures and the code of conduct.
- Practices, teaches and role models safety awareness, reports or handles any possible safety/environment issues appropriately, and adheres to all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Instills a discipline of adhering to service excellence by developing and maintaining positive, respectful relationships with all customers, internal and external, to include residents, families, team members, all staff throughout the organization, and community partners; performs responsibilities according to the highest quality standards.
- Promotes and role models a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
- Participates in train-the-trainer programs as needed.
- Job Expectations for All Employees:
- Promotes and role-models the mission, values, vision and strategic goals of company in all interactions with staff, peers, residents, family members, vendors and visitors. Treats people with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service skills such as friendly greeting, making eye contact, listening attentively, responding in a timely manner, showing respect and empathy and acting as a role model for staff and peers.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethics.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies with established policies, procedures, and codes of conduct at all times.
- Adheres to all health and safety requirements, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Practices and teaches safety awareness. Identifies and reports or corrects any possible safety or environmental issues.
- Understands all HIPAA and other compliance & regulatory requirements associated with their role, including completion of required internal or external training/certifications.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
FOR Quality Assurance:
- Monitor staff adherence to corporate policy and procedures. Monitor adherence to third party regulations.
- Identify areas of concern and perform focus studies to confirm or refute hypothesis. Initiate corrective actions.
- Prepare variety of summary quality reports for QA meetings, Program Standards and Medical Director.
- Present findings and recommendations, as required.
- Review utilization reports for improvement opportunities. Recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor effectiveness.
- Summarize and analyze pharmacy audits. Recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Prepare reports for Medical Director on audit results.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in charting activities and develop action plans.
- Implement actions.
- Perform comprehensive chart audits and record findings.
- Monitor for trends.
For Nurse Education:
- Current NYS license and registration as an RN in good standing required.
- BSN/BS required, MS preferred.
- Certification as a CPR instructor is required.
- Two (2) years previous teaching experience highly desirable.
- Two (2) years clinical experience in geriatric setting preferred.
- Proven understanding of effective learning theories and teaching strategies.
- Current knowledge of best practice nursing standards and care.
- Knowledge of DOH and/or other relevant regulations.
- Experience with state survey process.
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate others.
- Ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and work effectively with patients/residents, staff, families and support agencies.
- Outstanding collaboration skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental impairments.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Excellent presentation skills and the ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- Coordinate quality assurance activities to assist Director in ensuring compliance to Corporate policies and guidelines and meet all third party regulations. Perform audits, collect data and analyze for trends.
- Provide training to staff.
- Manage participant complaint system.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: