Job #: 4343
Title: Accounting Manager
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our apparel ecommerce client is looking to move beyond the startup phase and hire someone to take ownership of the accounting department and partner with the head of finance and senior management on mission critical projects. This extremely successful company has begun to transform the childrens apparel industry. Incredible opportunity to work in a fun company and grow as the company grows. Compensation package includes equity. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Design and control the US GAAP policies.
- Continuously improve the accounting process and procedures such as cost of goods sold ad FIFO inventory.
- Uphold the general ledger and chart of accounts for key decision making.
- Manage accounting activities such as journal entries, account reconciliations, and invoice payments/receipts.
- Work on the monthly financial statement preparation and track changes of the actual budget to the forecasted budget.
- Continuously improve and accounting systems and best practices.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA highly preferred.
- 3+ years experience in Accounting. E-commerce or start-up experience a plus.
- Cost accounting and inventory knowledge experience.
- Previous experience building out a team and managing employees.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks or ledger systems.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: