Job #: 4349
Title: Nursing Supervisor - Nights
Job Location: Hornell, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Fantastic Nursing Supervisor opportunity for a full service regional hospital committed to excellence! Located one hour south of Rochester, just west of the beautiful Finger Lakes region.
Seeking direct/permanent hire
Full Time - Night Shift (7 pm -7 am) - Direct Hire and/or Contract - Full Benefits
Shift: 3rd (7:00 PM - 7:00 AM)
Shift Differential: YES (13% for 3rd shift)
36 hrs per week
Reports to CNO
This is an administrative/supervisory position of a broad nature and includes the supervision of all nursing staff within the facility along with elements of case management. Performs complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, as well as exercise of independent judgment. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Competent in nursing practice and nursing process
- Practices within defined NYS scope of practice
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records
- Serves as a role model for nursing employees and promotes the nursing profession
- Demonstrates leadership ability and management skills, including delegating when necessary, along with promoting intra/interdepartmental communication and cooperation
- Expected to make walking rounds during shift to monitor patient care and work flow and assist on the units as needed
- Responds to all emergency situations within the facility
- Promotes educational opportunities with staff and provides assistance to staff in implementing new procedures/protocols
- Coordinates transfer of patients within the facility or to another facility as required
- Counsels employees and initiates disciplinary action as necessary with appropriate documentation
- Assists case management with completion of UR reviews
- Promotes customer satisfaction, sometimes dealing with difficult or emotional situations
- Is knowledgeable regarding specific departmental and critical care area policies and procedures and their proper implementation
- Demonstrates ability to carry out organizational mission, i.e. to provide quality, patient-centered care with emphasis on physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs
- Responsible for understanding and adherence to standards of behavior
- Responsible for understanding and adherence to the Standards/Code of Conduct, and the Corporate Compliance Plan (CCP)
- Ensures that all educational requirements related to Corporate Compliance are implemented and adhered to as required by the CCP Education Plan
- Possession of current license as a Registered Nurse required.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and Coronary Care training required.
- Ability to manage, lead and supervise the work of nursing personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Broad knowledge base of the principles, standards and methods of professional nursing along with the policies, standards and methods of professional nursing along with the policies and standards of the organization.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years of experience and clinical competency in a variety of patient care areas preferred.
- Good knowledge of PC operations and software (Word processing, Meditech and MIDAS/McKesson) are desirable.
Physical Demands: Ability to move or transfer patients with an individual effort equal to 50 lbs. Should have a full range of body motion to successfully perform all essential functions of the job, meaning you`ll have to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch and reach frequently during a 12 hour shift. Accommodations are made for nurses with disabilities.
Mental Demands: Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations. Capability to interact with internal and external customers, co-workers, families, nursing, and physician staff, ancillary staff, and peer group.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: