Job #: 4186
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Evansville, Indiana - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus, medical, dental, vision
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
automotive industry- up and comer not a manager or director level taking a step back
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our elite client has taken initiative to ask us to recruit a Champion quality assurance Engineer for their facility near Evansville, Indiana to join their automotive industry quality control team.
The company will rely upon you to plan, develop, and implement techniques, processes, procedures, and systems that eliminate and prevent defective product while fostering continuous improvement, standardization, and waste elimination.
You will do so by leading by example and develop a culture that embraces a quality first mindset. This client has hired many from our team and they give them every opportunity to make an immediate impact and move them up within the company. JOB DESCRIPTION
- You will be tasked with facilitating and championing team development of new programs to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met. (Includes development of APQP processes, Control Plans, PFMEAs, process flow diagrams, inspection standards, capability analysis, gauges/fixtures, mistake proofing, etc.)
- The plant will expect you to build & update the quality documentation accordingly as required for corrective and preventative actions, process changes, PPAP & ECN approvals, waivers & deviations.
- Your team will assist the Program Manager with new program launches to meet timelines and facilitate indirect staff within the plant to arrange and coordinate a flawless product launch.
- You will be counted on to be a customer focal point for communication with the customer concerning the quality and delivery complaints, and process changes.
- Review and approve PPAP submissions including customer specific requirements and TS 16949 compliance.
- Champion, monitor, and attend special customer specific performance activities, report-outs, and other quality-related meetings/conferences.
- Coordinate and facilitate cross-functional problem-solving teams to perform root cause analysis for failures internally and those affecting our customers. Facilitate and document valued corrective/preventative actions using formal methodologies (e.g. 8-D, Shainin Red X, Critical Thinking, 5P & 5-Why principles)
- Champion containment activities for all concerns internal and external. Coordinate product returns from the customer.
- Assist Quality Manager in entering, managing and tracking complaints.
- Have up to date knowledge of all AIAG standards, TS 16949 standards, customer requirements, and expectations, and monitor and implement plant progression and regression of compliance.
- Promote continuous improvement to the quality system and procedures in an effort to increase value to internal and external customers processes.
- Make solid data & fact driven quality decisions. Assist and teach others in the quality decision-making activities, customer requirements, gage techniques, inspection and part fit and function features detrimental to customer satisfaction.
- Assist and support each manufacturing department concerning process, quality, documentation and general input.
- Perform periodic layered audits on a scheduled basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor`s degree from four-year College or university;
3 years plus experience of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), Failure Mode and Effective Analysis (FMEA), Control Plan development, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Statistical Process Control (SPC) and customers requirements to TS16949.
Communication: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, engineering standards, blueprints, and procedure & manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Good verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate specifications and requirements clearly in written and drawing formats.
Blueprint reading, GDT, Measurement tools, SPC, problem-solving, ISO or TS1649 audit training a plus.
ASQ-CQE preferred. This role is a 3-10 year experience role in an Automotive Industry setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: