Job #: 3556
Title: Nurse Manager
Job Location: Geneva, New York - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Exciting leadership opportunity for a Nurse Manager at a hospital in Geneva, NY! Join a team committed to high quality, compassionate care in a newly renovated inpatient surgical unit that is part of a 132-bed general acute care hospital in the Finger Lakes region of New York.
Full Time - Direct Hire - Benefits - Days JOB DESCRIPTION
As the Nurse Manager, you will lead overall operations and assist with the development and implementation of short and long term strategy. You will direct the day-to-day functions of the unit following current federal and state regulations as well as the facilitys policies and procedures. Additionally, the as Nurse Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that customers are provided with high quality, compassionate care and a safe environment.
General equipment used includes; IV and enteral feeding pumps, Pulse Oximeters, SCD devices, Pediatric equipment, Adult and Pediatric Code Carts, PYXIS, BMV scanning
The Nurse Manager will report to the Administrative Director of Nursing and have regular interaction with other members of the Medical Staff, Management and Administrative Teams.
- Demonstrate broad based knowledge of nursing that is grounded in relationship-based care and reflects a patient/family centered focus
- Establish clinical indicators and measure quality and effectiveness of nursing care, and act to improve results
- Serve as a role model and change agent to inspire transformative nursing care delivery
- Utilize nursing research, literature and evidenced based information to find innovative solutions to achieve the best patient outcomes and enhance the patient / family experience.
- Create a positive performance oriented unit through open and consistent communication
- Analyze workflow and processes to ensure effective, high quality nursing care delivery
The Nurse Manager must have strong leadership skills, a proven track record of success, and an extensive working knowledge of general operations, human resources, including staffing, customer service, compliance, quality and safety.
- Minimum: Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nurse Program, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or related field required
- Preferred: Master Degree Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current New York State Nursing License required
- BLS & PALS
- Minimum: 4 Year acute hospital experience with recent acute nursing experience. Previous management / leadership experience
- Acute Nurse Manager experience
- Adapt to and create an environment that supports change.
- Effectively communicate with all levels and operating areas and present to committees, administrators and community groups.
- Develop and foster meaningful relationships with managers, staff, patients and families.
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as a commitment to providing our residents and families with an exceptional experience.
- Mentor and develop others.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Facilitate project management, work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and enhance the spirit of teamwork through effective role modeling.
- Familiarity with The Joint Commission and CMS requirements.
- Computer literate
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: