Job #: 6554
Title: Cyber Security Architect
Job Location: Falls Church, Virginia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Falls Church, VA
Seeking a professional and experienced Enterprise Security Architect to join our team. Work within the CISO team to improve the overall Cybersecurity plans and act as a liaison and evangelist to encourage strong security practices across all projects, code development, infrastructure, and operations. Apply Engineering techniques to validate and test complex security architecture and designs to produce detailed engineering specifications for existing and proposed technologies; in certain cases, provide detailed designs to effectively mitigate legacy technology vulnerabilities. Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into securely designed solutions. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develop a comprehensive enterprise security architecture and implementation plan that will effectively scale and support regulatory and legal business requirements.
- Perform complex IT system and product evaluations to facilitate secure solution delivery
- Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures.
- Develop project documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials.
- Assess, design, implement, and integrate enterprise security solutions including, but not limited to, next-generation firewalls, web application firewalls (WAF), intrusion prevention/detection systems (IDS/IPS), content filtering, secure log management, security information, event management (SIEM) systems, anti-malware solutions, mobile device management (MDM), cloud orchestration, and endpoint security solutions.
- Identify technology risks and independently evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of complex information technology and security controls across IT infrastructure, cloud services, networks, and security systems to help manage risks that could impact the company.
- Maintain knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues, and security technologies.
- Analyze products, systems, projects, and concepts and document their role in the cybersecurity architecture, tracing their value to business requirements and their effectiveness at supporting policies.
- Work with project leads, developers, network engineers, and cybersecurity peers, to design and maintain a highly secure infrastructure.
- Gain understanding of the organizations systems, networks, people, duties, and goals and ensure that they are documented in a standards-compliant framework.
- Document the organizations Cybersecurity landscape for several audiences.
- Communicate the business requirements and capabilities.
- Communicate the business vision, requirements, policies, physical, and operational elements of system and security architecture.
- Communicate technologies, protocols, boundaries, system interfaces, APIs, dependencies, interactions, and products of and component architecture to audiences including executives and engineers.
- Work with experts to identify, document, and track weak points in the architecture based on standardized methodologies and innovative analysis.
- Document countermeasures needed as revealed in the architecture.
- Serve as a business enabler by supporting development of clear planning and design documents for properly-secured, policy-compliant, systems and networks.
- Support system- and network-related policy development and regulatory compliance.
- Promote application of FISMA compliance standards, including NIST, DISA STIGs, and related guidance and standards for configuration/audit.
- Contribute system and network engineering knowledge in improving the security architecture.
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in enterprise security architecture including security architecture review, design, implementation, and operations experience.
- Must possess a Masters in information security and CISSP (prefer ISSAP or ISSEP specialization)
- Strong expertise in large networks and systems (servers, operating systems, virtualization, cloud services, and storage) and networking technologies (communication protocols, infrastructure)
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape.
- Proven experience building security reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong leadership, project, and team building skills, including the capability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others, demonstrating the ability to work cross-departmentally.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to design secure solutions that will meet various compliance frameworks including FISMA/FEDRAMP/NIST, ISO/IEC 27000, PCI, HIPAA, as well as global and regional privacy mandates.
- Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM.
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape Deep understanding of enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a multi-national environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges for example AWS Experience, Azure etc.
- Significant technical expertise in Cloud Computing technologies, Mobile Security and encryption, scripting languages (Python, RoR, etc), integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, encryption tools and best practices, and forensics.
- US Citizenship status and Active DoD Secret Clearance.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: