Job #: 6827
Title: Data Scientist - Data Analytics Expert
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong Annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Very selective if relocating
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a mid-sized, highly successful technology company with an outstanding reputation for technological innovation. They seek a smart, detailed oriented Data Scientist / Data Analytics Expert who will analyze trends in complex data and formulate hypotheses on how to leverage these trends to provide increasingly advanced software products and services for a worldwide customer base.
This individual will be a sole-contributor and will work closely with an elite group senior engineers and other technical experts who produce advanced software products for the financial, e-Trading sector. The company offers interesting, challenging projects, long-term stability and exceptional compensation potential. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Identify and analyze patterns in data sets which can be leveraged for further growth
- Design and improve our data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach
- Interact with executives and managers to identify information needs based around current products and services and track how they are being used by current customers.
- Identify additional sources of internal and external data sources that can be used to enhance current data sets and improve analysis
- Maximize self-directed and independent work, planning and managing the life-cycle of data collection and research-focused projects. This is a sole-contributor position with no direct reports but individual will work closely with senior software engineers and other technical experts.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another hard science field.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years` experience in a corporate setting doing complex data mining and data and business analysis and extracting meaningful trends.
- Ability to distill key findings and make meaningful business and product recommendations for improving software-product service offerings in this already-successful global financial services company.
- Experience using statistical programming languages such as R, SAS, or Python plus appropriate toolkits for analyzing large, complex datasets
- Experience with SQL and data modeling is a plus
- Strong experience with optimizing data collection as well as database design, data mining and data modeling.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert problem solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Experience planning and managing the life-cycle of data collection and research-focused projects.
Skills or knowledge in the following would also be a plus: machine learning, business intelligence, computational statistics, business analytics.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: