Job #: 6852
Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Job Location: Newark, New Jersey - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: plus a bonus at 20% plus car allowance
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Best if regional and great relocation beni, they home buy/sell fees etc
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
As Director of Sales & Marketing, you will be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing, and product development programs while reporting to the divisional VP - Business Manager. The position is open due to promotion in the largest division of this well-established company.
Company origins date back 100+ year and they currently manufacture industrial filtration and water treatment systems including filter media and resins. They are aggressively targeting growth into new markets as they have all but cornered the market in their primary space (enjoying 80% market share). Historically, in this business segment, the product line includes recession proof critically needed after-market" supplies sold to the electrical power generation industry. They have also identifies growth opportunities in related markets which will be the focus of this position. In parallel, steps are being taken to upgrade the product development team and further optimize the production plants to take advantage of new business opportunities.
There is a full relocation package available to facilitate the best possible hire for this critically important position. Youll live near either Wilmington DE - OR - Newark NJ to facility excellent communications with the Senior Management Team at the company HQ and the Product Development Team situated at the resins manufacturing plant. JOB DESCRIPTION
As Director of Sales and Marketing, youll lead activates in business development, forecasting, market research, packaging & branding, and new product development. Expect 30 - 50% travel with overnight trips, some international, but most travel will be in the USA East of the Mississippi River.
- Develop and manage the sales and marketing plans, budgets, and staff to attain a satisfactory market share and profit /loss ratio.
- Sales Team Management: Direct sales forecasting activities, manage a sales team, and set performance objectives; establishes sales territories, quotas, and distribution channels. Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Completes the period sales reports including areas of proposed expansion.
- Focus on growth through new business development and product development to meet customer needs; directs product development R&D activities.
- Meets with key clients and participates in customer site visits, relationship building, and negotiations / closing deals.
- Marketing Director: Oversee market research, advertising, and marketing activities adjusting strategies to meet the changing market conditions. Takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives.
- Contribute to product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies with an eye to maximizing long term market share and consistent company branding.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications maintaining a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Attend conferences and trade shows while maintaining professional relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners.
- B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry or other technical degree
- Knowledge of high purity industrial water treatment processes (Best if ion-exchange; IX )
- 10+ years of sales and marketing of equipment and chemicals with a progression into management
- 5+ years of calling into the Electrical Power Industry
- Experience managing a sales staff, setting goal and objectives. (This will be a small team.)
- Experience with market research, marketing materials, banding and packaging.
- Sale of Equipment (SOE) experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated business acumen and excellent communication skills
- Authorize to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: