Job #: 6861
Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Job Location: Montgomery, Alabama - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
EHS Manager role with prominent international manufacturer with a reputation for the highest quality products. Very visible role that serves as a shared resource/subject matter expert for the entire division. 600,000 sq. ft. facility with approx. 750 employees. Company offers excellent benefits and a great relocation policy. They are selective and hire high-caliber individuals. Montgomery, AL location. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for all EHS programs and for compliance with state and federal regulatory guidelines. Will lead and administer all safety initiatives as well as direct plant wide environmental and safety related continuous improvement activities while mitigating potential liability. Will also be responsible for managing the Plant Medical Facility and the Waste Water Treatment operations.
- Will be responsible for the promotion, communication and education of all hourly and salaried employees on safety, health, ergonomic, industrial hygiene, and environmental programs.
- Will conduct, evaluate, and analyze all safety, ergonomic, health, water and air emissions and make appropriate recommendations to upper management.
- Will develop and teach safety initiatives to hourly and salaried personnel as well as managing training and compliance for all industrial lift truck safety.
- Will supervise two employees in the waste water treatment area, one EHS technician, three plant nurses and a co-op student.
- A bachelor`s degree in EHS, Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Industrial Technology or similar degree related to the EHS area from a four-year university is required, along with exceptional verbal and written skills. Should have a minimum of 10 years of EHS experience, five years of which should be at the manager level. Prefer someone out of a larger facility as opposed to a very small plant. 10-20 years of experience is preferred.
- High volume steel/metal fabrication experience is required.
- Should have had exposure and experience with dealing with safety issues in maintenance, electrical and mechanical areas and be somewhat mechanically inclined.
- Demonstrated knowledge of governmental regulations and programs (OSHA, EPA, ADEM, NFPA, NEC, etc.).
- Proficient in computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Must be capable of overseeing medical care for individuals, filling out formal paperwork, ensuring individuals receive needed care during emergency situations.
- Strong communication skills are needed (interpersonal, speaking, writing and listening) with the ability to present information and respond to questions from groups, directors or top management.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to make recommendations and/or solve problems.
- Must have a stable work history with a record of increasingly responsible positions.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: