Job #: 6899
Title: Lead Executive - Database Administrator
Job Location: Pine Bluff, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Participates in design, creation and maintenance of databases.
Performs quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
Responsible for supporting production SQL Server databases and ensuring their maximum performance, availability and security.
Also, responsible for maintaining non-production SQL Server databases to enable Application Development and Support teams to perform their duties.
Provides input into policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of production SQL Server databases
Work with other Infrastructure & Operations teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources are adequately allocated to the databases
Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
Responsible for providing trend analysis to the Capacity Planning team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
Responsible for problem escalation to Microsoft and other third parties as appropriate.
Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollouts, upgrades and patches
Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the Application Support and Development teams
Provide 24 x 7 production support and maintenance services for databases.
1. Execute system lifecycle refresh and upgrade plans.
2. Resolve production issues and take appropriate actions to ensure a maintainable and available environment.
3. Perform database maintenance activities to ensure optimal performance, security and recoverability with minimal downtime. Activities include monitoring system resources, tuning and other diagnostics.
4. Implement database backup solutions; recover databases as required.
5. Apply upgrades and patches of critical database software
6. Perform problem escalation to vendor and other third parties, as appropriate.
7. Provide input into documented policies, procedures and standards.
Implement quality database and data integration solutions, including disaster recovery as required
1. Consult with senior team members and Enterprise Architects to ensure database requirements are addressed in solution designs.
2. Work with Capacity Planning and Infrastructure teams to ensure that the associated hardware resources are adequately allocated to the databases.
3. Assist with data integration and reporting solutions
4. Carry out Disaster Recovery responsibilities, as required.
Participate in business process and/or database consulting activities; reviewing requirements and recommending
1. Review and understand project requirements
2. Understand and implement various techniques for high availability (e.g., clustering), disaster recovery (e.g., replication) and security (e.g., native encryption).
3. Provide feedback on licensing, level of effort and other impacts to assist with completion of project financial and scheduling estimates.
4. Keep abreast of industry trends and new releases
Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank`s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Assist auditors with reviews by responding to questions and providing evidence that polices and standards are adhered to.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations. Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Demonstrate professionalism in the workplace
1. Maintain a positive attitude, sense of teamwork and general business professionalism as a matter of course in daily activities.
2. Ensure deliberate, healthy, cross-functional dialog occurs with colleagues and organizations across First National in the performance of duties. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services).
- Experience with another relational DBMS platforms is desired
- Familiarity with virtualization technology (e.g., VMWare), is desired
- Regular and predictable attendance is a required essential function of the job
- Demonstrate utmost professionalism in the workplace always
- Knowledge of system testing techniques, operating system utilities and database management utilities
- Ability to organize time and projects independently
- Basic knowledge of network architectures and protocols
- Acquaintance with development languages, methodologies, and database schemas
- Knowledge of Financial Institution business practices and processes, is desired
- Up to date knowledge of databases and industry trends, is desired
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: