Job #: 7030
Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Fleet car, bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Medical Device, Clinical Diagnostics, Life Sciences
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have recently been engaged by a Global Leader and provider of technologically advanced acute care solutions that simplify and automate all phases of acute care testing. These revolutionary products enable healthcare professionals to make immediate and well-informed decisions that allow them to improve patient care and optimize patient flow in all acute care settings that include intensive care units (ICUs), emergency departments (EDs) and operating rooms (ORs). As they expand, they require a Field Service Engineer. JOB DESCRIPTION
The candidate they seek will be a hybrid of technical depth both from a hardware support perspective but also be able to walk the walk from a scientific perspective as the products are chemistry based. This will be someone who has supported fairly complex installations, has done preventative maintenance, calibration and has the communication skills and professionalism to present and at times, educate end users on products capabilities and applications. This will work in support of and at times with the Sales force
I. GENERAL SUMMARY & OVERALL CHALLENGES
The Field Service Engineer installs, repairs, maintains, calibrates and cleans instruments. The FSE troubleshoots and diagnoses product problems in a timely manner, continues positive customer relationships and develops partnerships with Sales to aid in uncovering additional selling opportunities.
The FSE is an external representative of the company and must convey a sense of expertise in our products, services and capabilities and serve as a key educator to our customer business accounts.
- Install, repair, calibrate, clean and test instruments.
- Follows logical troubleshooting procedures and diagnoses problems in a timely matter.
- Manages positive customer relationships
- Conduct professional behavior with team and customers.
- Follows expense guidelines and Danaher compliance policies
- Develops strong partnerships with Sales personnel to aid in anticipating potential customer issues and uncover additional selling opportunities in accounts.
- Reviews solutions with customers; discusses needs and ensures a safe operation situation.
- Maintains field parts inventory, testing devices and tools. Maintain clean and safe working environment at the customer site and in the company vehicle.
- Compliance with all regulatory and company required documentation and service work orders.
- Performs on-call duties to cover weekends and overnights
- Cross covers other regions as necessary
- Markets and sells service to customers
- Attend and participate in Sales Presentations within own region
II. REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- One year Field Service Engineer or related experience prefer medical field
- Proficient with basic Radiance HIS/LIS installation and troubleshooting
- Proficient with analyzer network/connectivity setup and support directly to LIS/HIS systems.
- AS Electronic Technology Diploma and/or Military experience in electronics
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Basic Networking or IT system upgrades / troubleshooting experience
- Ability to properly escalate to a senior service level
- Effective in making appropriate service decisions within deadlines
- On Call required on an alternating schedule
- Ability to lift or maneuver 40 lbs.
- EOE m/f/v/h
III. PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE
- Must be self motivating with a positive outlook and focused on quality work. Plan day in an organized manner and pays attention to details and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively manages unexpected situations.
- Ability to collect information, identify and diagnose problems.
- Ability to work independently
IV. KEY RELATIONSSHIPS
- Must be comfortable communicating with upper management and internal departments.
- Must be able to interface with customers in problem solving instrumentation problems.
- Able to communicate to customers resolutions of problems
Hybrid of technical depth both from a hardware support perspective but also be able to walk the walk from a scientific perspective as the products are chemistry based. This will be someone who has supported fairly complex installations, has done preventative maintenance, calibration and has the communication skills and professionalism to present and at times, educate end users on products capabilities and applications
How to Apply: