Job #: 7085
Title: Sr. SQL Server Developer / Architect
Job Location: Buffalo, New York - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
About the Company
Our client is a global organization whose products have saved lives and improved quality of life for millions of people around the world. The are an industry leader with a strong presence in the Buffalo, NY area. JOB DESCRIPTION
About the Job
After a recent acquistion, our client is creating a new role for a Data Architect / Database Specialist to help analyze a large number of applications utilized across the organization.
Current applications are primarily built using Microsoft technologies (MS SQL Server and .NET) and often have integration points that need to be considered as part of the clean-up process.
Will identify duplications and play key role in developing and implementing the strategy for consolidating databases, building new databases or potentilly integrating 3rd party software solutions to replace specific applications.
Will stand up new SQL Database systems when application requests warrant.
Requires extensive interaction with the Business units including Research & Development as many of these applications are being used in plant operations.
Overall, the ability to focus on the big picture but still able to get into the details of database design and implementation.
- Must be authorized to work in the US. No authorization for this position.
- 10+ years of experience in SQL Server, ideally blend of database development, database administration and database architecture
- Strong understanding of the data layer and how it works with other development layers
- Experience with SQL query language
- Prior experience should include many of the following:
- data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, test mining, data discovery, statistical methods
- knowledge of centralizing & providing solutions for reporting & monitoring
How to Apply: