Job #: 7153
Title: Systems Engineer
Job Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Clearance: SECRET [required]
Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP)
Job Type: Full-time / On-site M-F
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineering Project Manager to lead an effort at Fort Belvoir. The Project Manager will function as the onsite management representation and is the designated liaison with the overall Program Manager. We are looking for people with 5+ years of experience leading program support activities on large scale system development projects (Federal/DoD preferred) including planning, scheduling, pricing, reporting, and deliverable management. An active PMP and SECRET clearance are required for this role. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Serve as the science and technology lead, as well as the primary entry point for the integration of science and new technologies into current and future FPS products/systems.
- Plan, design, and implement mass notification and warning systems.
- Assist in applying scientific and engineering efforts and analyzing their associated measures of effectiveness to transform an operational need into the system configuration which best satisfies the requirement.
- Integrate related technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and technical program interfaces to optimize the total system definition and design.
- Provide input to and conduct assessments on physical programs needs and the Priorities Capability Gap Assessment.
- Evaluate analytical instrumentation software for interoperability and common data formats.
- Provide program and strategic planning, including development of sustainment strategies and project plans.
- Review and provide input to acquisition documentation (i.e., LCMP, TES, TDS, TEMP, LCCE, SEP, APB, PDR and CDR, PESHE, LCSP, PPP, Procurement and P&R Forms, and PAO documents) in support of program milestone decisions.
- Coordinate and provide input to the monthly FPS portfolio reports, developed from the ASRs and quarterly advanced development reports.
- Coordinate and conduct analyses and assessments of technical management processes at pre-briefs and briefs for program reviews (e.g., JLCMRs, portfolio assessments, etc.).
- Provide input in the following areas: information technology software, hardware and network communication technology and protocols; CS2100 feature and switch operation, electronic and ISDN digital lines, digital phones, cable distribution, 10 base t-LANs, ESNA voicemail and Session Initiated Protocol; Programming principles and scripting; Latest generation of computer languages in a distributed or client server environment: networking operating systems software internals and UNIX, Windows-based operating systems and networking.
- 10+ years of experience related professional experience and 5+ years leading program support activities on large scale system development projects (Federal/DoD preferred) including planning, scheduling, pricing, reporting, and deliverable management.
- Bachelors degree in a technology or science related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification - active and in good standing
- SECRET security clearance - active within the last 24 months and in good standing
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: