Job #: 7216
Title: Sr Process Engineer
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: plus 15% bonus- will pay out
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
excellent relo package
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Sr. Process Engineer - Full relocation benefits to near Northport/ Tuscaloosa/ Bessemer/ Birmingham AL
The Sr Process Engineer reports directly to the VP of Manufacturing with plenty of autonomy and responsibility for a Chemical Engineer and jack-of-all-trades" in a chemical plant. Since this is a small plant, there will be duel technical and leadership responsibilities.
Why might this be a good career move?
- Their future is bright: They make a very high demand product used in a large variety of applications around the world. They are sold out for months ahead and therefore truly value process optimization effort plus its always rewarding to work in a site that will invest in ideas for improvement.
- Professionally run organization: They are a small company with zero corporate red tape yet with a Sr Management Team from larger well-respected organizations they follow World Class Management Practices.
- A family friendly work environment that values and empowers employees having a "work-to live philosophy that leads to very regular works hours and only few after-hours calls taken by the engineers (since the operators are also empowered).
- Competitive salary + an annual bonus that pays well every year (with the company always profitable this comes down to individual performance); a top tier 401K matching program; paid vacation; all the expected medical, dental, life insurances; a very comprehensive relocation package.
This may seem too-good-to-be-true, which is why we suggest that you consider interviewing to see for yourself - tour the site and meet the team! ** JOB DESCRIPTION
The Sr Process Engineer will function as the lead engineer onsite, responsible for day to day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, process optimization for cost & quality, and safe unit operations & PSM as well as the technical liaison to management and partner companies. He/she may also fill in for the Site Manager when he travels.
- Key contributor in trouble shooting;
- Process optimization: Work to improve product quality, reduce operating costs, increase capacity and further streamlining the process.
- Participate in the plant Continuous Improvement Program including ISO 9001 and cGMP compliance.
- Project Engineering:Initiate, justify and manage small capital projects through design, purchasing, construction and start-up support including procedure writing.
- Develop and review plant operating procedures.
- Occasional assistance with the DCS system and instrumentation upgrades.
- Process Safety Management:Participate on the Process Hazards Committee and lead Process Hazards Reviews in compliance with OSHA PSM.
- Partner with the Environmental Engineer regarding compliance; Become familiar with the Plant Environmental Regulatory Affairs and act as a back up to the Environmental Process Engineer
- Extensive interaction with senior management on our site and our partner sites.
Applicant background profile:
- BS in Chemical Engineer (must be a ChE)
- 5 - 25 years industry experience in a Chemical Plant or related industry
- Solid foundation and understanding of unit operations in a chemical manufacturing site
- Experience working in an environment with high standards for process safety (PSM).
- Strong safety attitude and solid understanding of safe work practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills as this position will influence team work in a flat organization.
- MUST BE authorized to work for any employer in the USA without current or future restrictions.
** A first step toward evaluating them would be to send a resume and schedule a call with me. Ill share the client information and, based on our call, write your applicant profile to start the process. The one potential down-side of this position - is not a stepping stone into a management career. They are a relatively flat organization. But, there is plenty of diversity in the work and the ability to make a big impact.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: