Job #: 7201
Title: Tool Setter or Tooling Engineer
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Convenient N.E. Perimeter- Atlanta GA sought out location.
- Excellent Work/Life Balance! Management is supportive of families & their extra-curricular activities.
- Employee satisfaction is VERY important here?. Average employee tenure is 12 12 years!?
- Kind, transparent, honest, friendly, ethical, culture, where youll have a voice.
- Competitive compensation package, nice healthcare & retirement savings packages. Perks. Lump sum relocation package.
- Area has Outstanding Educational & Healthcare Systems.
Purpose of position: Responsible for Atlanta tooling setups, tool management, documentation and organization. Supports as necessary to improve uptime, productivity and yields including product and manufacturing process improvement.
Reports to: Production Manager
Relates closely with: Quality and Process Engineering, Die Shop, Operations, Maintenance Management
- Evaluate tooling with as-built analysis and performance in production. Improve tool performance on a continuous basis.
- Cleaning, assembly, disassembly, and maintenance of extrusion and ancillary equipment. Assure all dies are cleaned and put back in proper locations with swages.
- Prepare for upcoming jobs and perform changeovers. Insure timely and accurate setup of Extruders and Mixers.
- Maintain production and manufacturing tooling life/ inches reports.
- Perform and maintain total productive maintenance (TPM) program and schedule.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment problems.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including a complete clean up at end of shift.
- Follows work instructions and machine standards to ensure the production of a quality product. Performs quality checks and records the results.
- Work with production manager to assure all tooling is set-up and ready for the week against the production schedule.
- Clearly communicate the status of the work in process and any other factors that may affect work flow or product quality
- Top three measurable results for coming year:
a. To increase the process yields (>95%) & production uptime (>80%).
b. To take care of the customer
- Improve On-time Delivery (>95%) with tooling reliability and readiness
- Improve Customer Experience (Value, Accuracy and Timeliness)
c. To organize and continuously improve Tooling Management.
Time required by position: Approximately 40-50 hours/week QUALIFICATIONS
-AA degree, 4 year degree, or equivalent experience. Proficient and able to communicate in English, to read and write.
-Technical skills or training related to machinery, electrical, automation preferred
-Ability to work safely and take responsibility for the safety of others
-Understanding of tooling design and blue prints
-Basic computer skills
-Good oral/written communication
-Able to stand for 12-hour shifts and lift 70 lbs if required
Primary strengths/gifts/talents required:
- Tooling setup experience.
- Experience with manufacturing tooling and tooling management.
- Continuous Improvement with Lean Manufacturing experience & statistical analysis skills
- Organized and ability to get along and work with others (team skills)
How to Apply: