Job #: 7204
Title: Director of Retail Supplier Compliance
Job Location: Port Washington, New York - United States
Salary: $150,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10-15% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Director of Retail Supplier Compliance will be responsible for implementing Supplier Development and Audit programs to ensure retail suppliers are meeting current and/or future supplier standards of retail customers. JOB DESCRIPTION
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the liaison between the company and its retail customers regarding compliance with retail supplier quality management requirements.
- Develop excellent working relationships with key personnel at retail customers to ensure continuing confidence in the companys ability to comply with retail supplier quality management requirements.
- Proactively communicate with retail customers to understand current and future supplier standards and requirements.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, country risk, emerging issues and benchmarking to identify improvement needs/opportunities for GMP and Ethical Sourcing standards.
- Work in collaboration with Sourcing Team to implement mechanisms to select and develop retail suppliers to compliance with GMP and social standards.
- Develop plans to prepare suppliers for retail and other audit requirements.
- Communicate with retail customers when supplier critical audit findings arise, and work with both customers and suppliers to develop timely resolutions.
- Train suppliers on GMP and Ethical Sourcing standards.
- Assist Suppliers with CAPA preparation based on audit findings, and ensuring CAPAs are closed timely.
- Continually seek ways to improve the overall supplier quality process.
- Supporting the development and management of policies, risk profiles, procedures, process maps, training tools, etc.
GMP and Ethical Sourcing specialist(s) in Asia
Quality and Compliance Specialist(s), US QUALIFICATIONS
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Experience with and deep understanding of GMP and Ethical Sourcing requirements in a retail environment.
- Experience with Supplier Development Programs in low-cost countries, e.g. China, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in training, coaching and motivating.
- Excellent organization and analysis skills.
- Proven ability to develop and manage a high performing group.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Demonstrated skills in continuous learning, flexibility, customer focus, quality commitment and good relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills for both formal and informal communications.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Management, other 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of progressive promotion in quality systems management in a global manufacturing or importing environment, with a proven track record.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: