Job #: 7323
Title: Senior Process Control Engineer
Job Location: Monticello, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Provide high-level systems expertise and apply advanced process control techniques for process optimization.
This position blends multi-discipline knowledge, skills and responsibilities fully integrating many if not all customarily carried out by senior DCS engineer, systems architect, systems administrator, software programmer, network administrator, database administrator, I&C engineer and project manager. JOB DESCRIPTION
Senior Process Control Engineer
- Maintain integrity and performance of systems, process controls, plant historian and networks.
- Provide direct hands-on on-call support on rotating 24x7 basis.
- Respond to calls for control system hardware malfunctions and
repair those malfunctions, including control system processors, control
system i/o sub systems and Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
- Respond to calls for control system software problems and repair
those problems including loop configuration, graphics configuration, and
- Respond to calls for problems calibrating or setting up field instruments, valves and motors.
- Respond to calls for network infrastructure problems and repair
those problems, including problems with switches, fiber optic
converters, cabling and power distribution.
- Direct the efforts of other engineers, sub-contractors, bargaining
unit personnel and temporary workers to accomplish the necessary control
- Purchase required equipment.
- Develop implementation plans for installation of equipment.
- Monitor vendor and employee implementation.
- Design, implement and/or program DCS/PLC and other control systems.
- Develop and implement new additions or enhancements to process control systems within systems standards.
- Add loops for new instruments in Experion programming systems.
- Experience in TDC 3000 strongly preferred.
- Add new loops and make modifications in Honeywell systems.
- Add and modify PLC ladder logic for Allen Bradley systems.
- Configure OPC servers for cross system communication.
- Design and implement security systems.
- Solicit proposals for upgrades or migrations from out of date or poorly functioning systems.
- Perform system administrator functions on MS Windows, PI, VMS and
other control operating systems, providing security protection
procedures updates and backup of software and data as required.
- Demonstrated ability to network systems.
- Backup Honeywell and other pertinent databases and verify restore.
- Develops standards and procedures to perform various functions on
systems and review work of engineers, vendors and contractors for
compliance with and adherence to standards.
- Develop interlock standards.
- Train others in proper, effective use, maintenance, and troubleshooting of systems and networks.
- Determine and attend relevant training to advance personal
knowledge in subject areas to benefit process control and optimization.
- Bachelors degree in chemical or electrical engineering or a related field in engineering is required.
- Minimum 10 year relevant process control systems experience.
- Minimum 5 years operational experience with data communication
protocols, including security, networking, resource management, capacity
planning, monitoring and performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with vendors, managers and production employees to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of managing Process Safety Management programs.
- Knowledgeable with maintenance best practices (vibration analysis, oil analysis, etc.) preferred.
- Must be capable of understanding and troubleshooting complex industrial systems and equipment.
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing and Continuous Improvement (CI) concepts preferred
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: