Job #: 7306
Title: Project Engineer
Job Location: Greenville, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This pharmaceuitcal company is a great place to work. They are a growing state-of-the-art liquid filling and batch mixing operation. They will be installing new and up-dated equipment for the next 2 years. They are a premier pharmaceutical company paticularly involved in pre-measured cups used heavily in hospitals. It is a sterile environment that works four 10 hr.. days a week and takes Friday`s off. It is a people/employee oriented company. JOB DESCRIPTION
PRIMARY PURPOSE or JOB SUMMARY
Provide project and engineering support to the manufacturing and packaging areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide overall support in the safe and compliant manufacture and packaging of commercial pharmaceutical products.
2. Troubleshoot process and equipment issues during manufacturing and packaging. Assist maintenance technicians as needed during troubleshooting and repair.
3. Assist maintenance with parts management, preventative maintenance management and assist metrology with calibrations as needed. Generate, edit and update Preventive Maintenance documents.
4. Modify and maintain equipment and facility drawings as needed.
5. Investigate deviations and variances in both manufacturing and packaging that relate to equipment issues. Generate deviation reports as necessary and identify long term corrective and preventative actions. Assure implementation of such solutions in a timely manner.
6. Lead and assist in technical process enhancements and ancillary activities such as but not limited to: Process and equipment validation, design, procurement, installation and startup of new equipment, changes to existing manufacturing process, etc.
7. Create and modify SOPs as necessary for equipment and processes.
8. Investigate and provide support for demonstration/scale up/pilot batch manufacture, engineering studies, equipment upgrades, etc.
9. Identify and suggest process and equipment improvements for Quality, Safety, efficiency and cost reduction in the operational areas.
10. Prepare and present training presentations for technical training of operations personnel as necessary for new equipment start-up.
11. Work in multi-functional teams (Validation, QA, QC, SCM) to enhance and facilitate overall operational success.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science or other related discipline.
- Previous experience working in a cGMP manufacturing or packaging organization is required. Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Strong mechanical experience required.
- Capability and experience with AutoCad desired.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is desired.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES
In depth understanding of liquid manufacturing equipment, qualified utilities and cGMP systems. Experience in equipment sizing and establishing machine specifications. QUALIFICATIONS
B.S degree in Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineer or related degree. Must me equipment oriented as to operation and maintenance. Capable of training new operatora and troubleshooting problems. Will oversee both process and packaging equipment. Will assist in equipment procurement, layout and installation. Experience in any process/chemical industery will work.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: