Job #: 7314
Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Job Location: Silver Grove, Kentucky - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20% target bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The company manufactures standard and custom wall board and finishing (ex. Joint Compond) products for the construction industry
The manufacturing facility is located right outside of Cincinnati, OH. Looking for an Electrical Engineer early in their career. Specifically for someone who would be able to learn from our current EE`s and look to take up the reigns. Currently our facility has two EEs and they focus mainly on the process equipment. There is almost no travel involved (aside from conferences and possibly some training at our other facilities). They would like to target a candidate who is early in their career who would like to be hands on throughout their career. As the company grows there will be continued room for growth, but right now the focus is on Silver Grove and the needs of the facility. However for the right candidate they will consider more senior.
They have 5 mfg. facilities in North America. Please note that Silver Grove KY is 25 minutes south of Cincinnati OH.across the Ohio river.
The Silver Grove Facility is their Flag Ship Plant and also happens to be the largest wallboard manufacturing facility in the world (1/2 mile long). They have have two high speed manufacturing lines that are currently running 5 days and 7 days respectively . This is a highly automated facility with 5 robots in the finishing area. There are 240 employees (non-union) and about a 7 million dollar capital investment at the facility for 2017. JOB DESCRIPTION
Electrical Controls Engineer
To schedule, plan and execute all electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities in the plant with limited interruption to the plants production requirements. The scope of this position covers all electrical and systems instrumentation equipment in the plant including the main sub-station and PLC service and maintenance. Reliability of the electrical / systems instrumentation equipment. Completeness and accuracy of the equipment files and history. Electrical PM activities with the established program. Efficiency and effectiveness of such PM program. Recordkeeping of daily activities and operating data.
- Active participation and support of plant safety and environmental/wildlife committees or improvement teams.
- Safe Maintenance function meeting Legal, Quality and Environmental Requirements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Confers with management and maintenance to resolve electrical maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Confers with associates and their team to resolve issues/concerns.
- Plan, schedule and assign those jobs or tasks ensuring the process, availability of tools, parts, supplies, and equipment.
- Follow up on the effectiveness of work or operations performed and take or initiate corrective measures where necessary.
- Provide on-the-spot guidance and formal training as required.
- Ensure adequate supply of OH&S equipment and supplies, availability of safety and emergency procedures and proper working environment and conditions.
- Maintain working and history files of continuous emission monitoring equipment maintenance and repair history.
- Represent Engineering Department in all plant and departmental planning and problem solving meetings.
- Carry out and / or oversee the development and implementation of all electrical / instrumentation type modifications as a result of corrective actions or as may be requested by other departments.
- Develop control programs for all field programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and maintain all associated documentation in a current state.
- Control the use and coordinate the work of outside contractors ensuring that proper insurance certification is on file before any work begins.
- Assist in the planning, and participate in the turnaround program from the electrical aspect.
- Remain up to date on new technologies and techniques in this field.
- Electrical Engineering Degree - BS
- At least 3 years electrical controls experience in manufacturing (in production)
- 24/7 operation (intense)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: