Job #: 7406
Title: Automation Systems Engineer
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Automation Systems Engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
The Automation Systems Integrity Engineer provides overall leadership and technical support for managing the following functions of the automation and process control manufacturing systems (network servers, virtual nodes, firewalls, switches, process information systems, manufacturing applications, HMI workstations, etc.) across the company`s plants:
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.):
- Security, including:
- Access control. Managing who is authorized to access, operate, and modify the system computing components
- Change management. Controlling administrative and technical procedures for implementing modifications, upgrades, additions and deletions of all system components. Modifications concern hardware, operating and configuration system software, third party software and documentation.
- Back up and recovery. Owning the organization and implementation of all activities required to ensure that system software, application software, configuration parameters and critical process data can be retrieved in the event of system faults, and be fully functional in the least amount of time possible.
- Data integrity. Managing all ancillary systems required to guarantee that the Automation information is there when needed, e.g., UPS, encryption servers, etc.
- Performance monitoring. Managing all activities required to determine the operational conditions of the system elements: CPU utilization, cache utilization, number of transactions, job waiting times, disk capacity utilization, system error messages, network traffic and load, I/O load, alarms, etc.
- Performance delivery. Responsibility for making sure that the system delivers the availability and reliability required by the users, and that the expected performance does not degrade over time. This includes troubleshooting of malfunctions and shortages, root cause identification and remediation.
- Basic and detailed design. Responsibility for supplying technical expertise to implement basic and detailed engineering required for small projects (handled locally) affecting the manufacturing systems.
- Planning of short-term and long-term work for functions under his responsibility. Participate in prioritization and scheduling of automation and process control teamwork. Identify necessary tasks and estimate effort required.
- Develop and apply the appropriate processes for administrating the computing components in the technology. Use of the appropriate processes for delivering technology solutions. Identify people involved, steps and resources required. Monitor performance and apply corrective measures. Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies for Operation Technology infrastructure to ensure highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Lead management of technology documentation. Design, use, update, and maintain appropriate technical documentation for all systems in the technology.
- Develop, know and apply process control technical standards in work performed in the technology, e.g., Standard Maintenance Practices, Engineering Best Practices, etc.
- Participation in preparation and use of standards for the technology (Architecture, networking, system administration, DCS, cyber-security, etc.).
- Implement small projects in the technology.
- Keep personal technical skill base up-to-date.
- Comply with team principles, norms and expectations. Participation in team building.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline preferred (Computer Science, Electrical or Chemical)
- 5 years of experience working in an industrial manufacturing process environment in the design, maintenance, system administration, use and/or optimization of manufacturing computer systems
- Exposure to Distributed Control Systems and/or Programmable Logic Controllers
- Knowledge of Honeywell Experion PKS and/or Foxboro IA/EVO
- Knowledge of human factors in automation systems preferred
- Working knowledge of appropriate standards and protocols (TCP-IP, ISA 99, IEC 62443, Industrial Ethernet, OPC, Modbus, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, Cisco IOS, Juniper OS and VMWare.
- Exposure to regulatory process control preferred
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing processes preferred
- Knowledge of project management desirable
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: