Job #: 7420
Job Location: Yankton, South Dakota - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 25% potential bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great Opportunity in a small town on the boarder of South Dakaota and Iowa. This company is growing and adding to their staff. This Controller position will report to the President.
Relocation paid. JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary/Objective: The Controller manages the finance department and provides financial information about all company activities that will assist management, shareholders, and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company`s future. This position also oversees Information Technology, Human Resources and Quoting departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Prepares and distributes financial management reports including, but not limited to, financial statements, forecasts, and budgets
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate financial operating results to provide information and guidance to the management and corporate team
- Oversees all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Establish/maintain controls for the areas of responsibility to verify the integrity of all systems, processes, data and to enhance the company`s value
- Strong analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets and actual expenditures
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements in filing financial reports and advising management on needed actions
- Provides guidance and direction for the Quoting, HR and IT departments
- Oversees the preparation of financial data to determine and support acceptable profit margins for the product manufactured
- Responsible for providing leadership, communicating goals, providing feedback, identifying/assisting in solving issues, and creating organizational structure
- Supports company policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good manufacturing practices
- Analyzes costs, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Participates in education workshops, reviews professional publications, and implements/suggests company enhancements
- Applies the cost/risk vs. benefit/reward concept when making decisions on how resources are being allocated
- Other duties as assigned
- BA, CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing reporting, budget development/analysis, accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to increase facility profitability. Must demonstrate consistency in being a good example of providing informal leadership and excellent work ethics..
- Experience with ERP systems, quote modules, continuous improvement initiatives and manufacturing safety practices is preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, and problem solving/analysis abilities.
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: