Job #: 7402
Title: Program Manager - Automotive
Job Location: Troy, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
PROGRAM MANAGER - AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
- Work closely with assigned customer accounts to gather pertinent RFQ information for all new tooling projects to be passed on to Estimating as per ISO work instructions.
- Manage new internal tool builds as well as those built by our strategic partners in tooling to ensure the best value tooling that will yield the highest part quality with the lowest cost of ownership
- Use CAD software to interrogate tool/part models to define scope of engineering changes/repairs on both new and existing tooling projects
- Develop engineering change and repair estimates as per ISO work instructions that include detailed breakdowns of work to be performed
- Support new programs by attending product development meetings at customer facilities to ensure tooling is considered with respect to timing, product design and cost
- Work closely with advanced feasibility designers to provide timely and accurate part/tooling feasibility feedback during the early stages of part development
- Provide regular future sales forecast updates to assist in the upfront capacity planning process
- Maintain new tool job summary spread sheets for each tool build project to track all commercial activity status
- Review all purchase orders for new tool and engineering change projects to ensure all aspects of the purchase orders (price, payment terms/dates etc.) are in line with all quotations prior to purchase order acceptance
- Provide complete new tool kickoff information to Design group as per ISO work instructions. Facilitate various customer reviews for new tooling projects ensuring that all proper approvals are in place at the various stages of development
- Facilitate engineering change, warranty and repair meetings with Production as per ISO to ensure clear scope of work to be performed is clearly defined
- Ensure any changes to customer specifications or processes that would affect their tooling, are communicated back to the appropriate personnel
- Provide timely and accurate progress reports on programs as requested by customers
- Assist in improving program management systems and processes.
Skills: Extensive program management experience in the medium to large size tooling industry
- Must have strong understanding of the tool function and manufacturing processes for large injection tools
- Mold design experience (large size tooling) with an emphasis on part/tooling feasibility
- Mold making and mold processing experience (preferably with fascias), an asset
- Proficient in the use of 3D design software for the purpose of part/tool interrogation
- Ability to travel in North America as required (valid Passport and criminal background check).
- PMP Designation and/or Tool Makers Certification is preferred.
How to Apply: