Job #: 7410
Title: Project Engineer - 3 openings
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Project Engineer - 2 Richmond VA area, 1 Philly JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
Performs a variety of project engineering work throughout the lifecycle of capital projects, including but not limited to conceptual design, detailed design, construction, commissioning/start-up, and project closure. Supports scoping, design, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects. Work is performed both in the field and office environment.
- Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate Health/Safety/Environmental (HSE) personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied.
- Manage the execution of small capital investments as project engineer through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation.
- Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers.
- Familiar with capital project management processes.
- Work closely with the site Finance Manager to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects. Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR).
- Manage several smaller capital investments and/or a few larger investments simultaneously at the home site location with potential to manage projects at remote locations as well.
- Prepare bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services.
- Prepare and issue work packages to construction.
- Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR (both managed and in areas assigned). Working knowledge of Project Controls (Estimating, Scheduling, and Cost Control), discipline engineering, construction management.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Interface with key site and company personnel to make maximum use of available resources. Such functions will include, but not limited to, site engineering resources, purchasing, operations, systems, and business engineering, as well as equipment vendors, contracting firms.
- Handle necessary Management of Change items in areas assigned and pre-Startup Safety Review requirements on projects assigned.
- Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed projects.
- Provide support for the Business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives in order to develop appropriate capital plans/budgets.
- Advocate for strong safety awareness program with a consistent implementation of policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings.
- Anticipated travel 10%
- B.S. Engineering from a four (4) year accredited college or university with 2+ years of engineering work experience in petro chem industries or similar industrial plant experience.
- Previous Experience in Engineering, Construction, or Construction Management.
- Previous Experience in operations.
- Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and computer literacy required.
- Must be able to analyze field data in operating facilities.
- Action Oriented / Self Starter.DO yu
- Innovative thinks outside the box"
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: