Job #: 7413
Title: Lead R&D Engineer/Scientist
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $115,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Lead R&D Engineer/Scientist JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
As a key member of the companys technology team, the candidate will provide manufacturing support, develop lab scale and pilot plant designs and interact with tollers. Develop design concepts for scale-up, write definition of technology and support development of process package towards commercialization.
- Actively participates as a member of Technology team to develop new concepts/products/processes primarily for Nylon resins and caprolactam. Work may also transition to the ammonium sulfate and chemical intermediates` businesses.
- Technical expert in area of polymer extrusion and polymer processing.
- Provides process and manufacturing support, including root cause analysis for existing and new products
- Take lead in engineering responsibilities for designing overseeing installation of laboratory and pilot plant instrumentation and equipment.
- Develop test and operational procedures for resin pilot plant and operations.
- Supervise experimental operations.
- Develops process technology data packages including definition of technology, preliminary design creation, process scope, conceptual design and scale-up design
- Key R&D interface with Technical Engineering & Operations teams
- HSE to ensure safe designs
- Manage selection and process optimization at the Toller
- Maintain and improve the technology development process in an opportunistic environment
- Collaborate with Engineering team to take new processes/products from the laboratory to production, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in industrial polymer extrusion
- 5+ years experience in scale-up from lab to pilot plant to commercialization
- 10+ years of chemical industrial/manufacturing experience
- Masters Degree preferred
- Proven track record of successfully commercializing new technology from lab scale to manufacturing plant.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong background in developing process engineering design scope for new processes.
- Experience with experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Six Sigma training a plus.
- Ability to plan and lead projects.
- Bias for action and results oriented mindset.
- Technical competence - statistical, analytical, mechanical, chemical and computer skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments.
- Project management a plus.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: