Job #: 7384
Title: Enterprise Risk Management - Director
Job Location: Houston, Texas - United States
Salary: $165,000.00 - $275,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Enterprise Risk Management - Director is accountable for managing multiple organizational activities relating to Enterprise Risk Management performance associated to all risk areas. This individual will lead a division that works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the client bank by executing defined multiple risk programs. Will oversee the evaluation of processes, review control (and quality) assurance reports and participate (and consult) in initiatives and lead and/or influence opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction. May also identify opportunities for program innovation that should be authenticated by line management. Will lead governance routines and heighten as necessary to executive management while pushing to institutionalize a cultural awareness of risk management best practices. This position will also cooperate with all lines of internal risk management peers including other first line of defense teams, corporate risk functions and internal audit. JOB DESCRIPTION
Enterprise Risk Management - Director
- Challenge risk teams to innovate and expand risk metric program to yield best portfolio coverage/ management or pursue KRI amendments. This includes demonstrating the value added to the business management and will entail influencing multiple levels of management.
- Successful influence toward quality improvement with business line executives is vital, which will also require coaching into their multiple risk teams.
- This position will necessitate a high level of independent problem solving skills, with authority to approve or escalate unresolved conflicts.
- Will interact with other division risk teams in such a way as to influence the lessons learned into an enterprise-wide best practice.
- Guide as needed on the effectiveness of training and champion adjustments, which may also include external training sources.
- Lead risk program management requirements with slight supervision and provide independent review of risks and exposures.
- Coach others on executing the practices gleaned from corporate training via varied risk disciplines and influence adoption through process/ routine adjustments.
- Accountable for all aspects of people management such as staff selection and hiring, performance management, recognition and retention.
- Participate in risk management proactive exercises within division`s risk program.
- Direct the complete risk management relationship between other first line of defense risk teams as well as consulting teams to satisfy Internal Audit demands.
- 12 or more years previous experience, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
- Experience in identifying high potential/high performing team members.
- Ability to motivate peers, subordinates and effectively partners with colleagues internally and within the industry.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: