Job #: 7356
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are partnering with a world renowned manufacturer and precision engineering organization ($10B+ in revenues) to find a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for a rapidly growing division. This group develops and manufacturers highly specialized, customized products/systems for niche applications (OEMs/distribution/channels) in various industries globally. The products for this division are motion control solutions; pneumatics/hydraulics, industrial automation, PLC/HDMI related. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Manufacturing Engineer (2 grades available, ranging from 2-10+ yrs exp) will ensure maximum cost effectiveness and reliability of manufacturing processes and workflow. You`ll develop & evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity. You will determine the methods and sequences of manufacturing operations for moderately complex products and machine parts and assemblies; ensures that products and processes meet customer quality requirements. Provides input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification. We have individual contributor job openings as well as team lead openings.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Recommend product changes/improvements to Product Engineers.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Coordinate input that may cross multiple teams or areas; make recommendations, and implement changes.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Engineering, or similar.
- 2-15+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or similar roles
- Experience with fluid-power required (hydraulics, pneumatics, actuators, or similar.) Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be strong in manufacturing and production engineering principals, concepts and general business operations. Must be skilled in continuous improvement, lean, or other methods to improve quality and manufacturing functions (pull systems, process mapping, JIT, etc). Other plusses would be Six Sigma training, values stream mapping / management, project management, FMEA, quality systems, etc.
- Must be skilled in working with CAD Software, Microsoft Office, and/or Lotus Notes.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: