Job #: 7357
Title: Principal / Chief Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Poughkeepsie, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are working with a successful, growing global electro-mechanical manufacturer (100M division) to find an experienced, hands-on Principal Electrical Engineer. This person will be leading the design and development of electronics/software engineering for customized electro-mechanical solutions for a diverse customer base. Some of the products being engineered are heat exchangers, AC/DC motors, fans, blowers, etc. Customer applications is OEMs; aerospace, defense, military, commercial, etc. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Principal Engineer will have technical oversight on electrical matters and teams, working on numerous products and technologies. The Principal Engineer also conducts engineering studies and investigations, and prepares technical reports for company leadership. We seek a strong Chief/Principal Engineer who can work through concept, planning, design and execution stages, risk assessments, prototyping/testing, design reviews, V&V, etc. There is a keen focus to both enhance new technological developments as well as design changes to legacy products when necessary. This is a very solid group, great tenure, profitable. Very down to earth, hands-on leadership team.
- Specify, design and evaluate electrical, electromechanical and overall system control architecture of systems and individual components by applying principles of electrical and materials engineering.
- Communicates and performs presentations to all levels of management
- Drives programs to continually contribute to reduced new product development cycle time.
- Provide technical guidance on planning and executing assigned projects.
- Experience supporting and implementing Lean Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Assist Management in project budget and schedule preparation activities.
- Work with engineering team to oversee warranty reviews and product return reviews.
- Evaluate existing engineering processes and recommend improvements
- Recommend new technologies to improve product performance and reliability.
- Perform or facilitate failure analysis and provide corrective actions.
- Provide technical guidance and direction on electrical matters for day to day engineering problems faced by members of the engineering team.
- Collaborate with vendors to produce mechanical components and assemblies.
- Responsible for design/development activities which may include leading, participating in, coordinating or supporting:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required
- 10-20+ years experience, with at least 5 years leading electrical or electronic engineering teams. Experience with power electronics, AC/DC motor / drive systems, fans / blowers, heat exchangers, or similar products required
- Experience with Labview and Solidworks strongly desired
- Strategic thinking combined with outstanding tactical execution
- Experience utilizing lean processes and concepts as well as lean manufacturing
- Experience working with AS9100 quality system and/or FAA regulations is a plus
- Strong computer skills including CADD Software, word processing, spreadsheets and databases is a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: