Job #: 7358
Title: Data Analytics - Sr Data Analyst
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $170,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a mid-sized, highly successful technology company with an outstanding reputation for technological innovation. They seek a smart, detailed oriented Data Scientist Sr Data Analyst who will analyze trends in complex internal data sets and develop recommendations for leveraging these trends to provide advanced and needed software products and services for a worldwide customer base.
This is a new position for an individual-contributor who will work closely with internal software engineers who produce advanced software products for the financial, e-Trading sector. The Data Analyst will develop this new, key specialty area to better utilize current data and establish new sources of data. The company offers long-term stability, interesting, challenging work and exceptional compensation potential. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Analyze patterns in complex data sets, define product usage and develop recommendations to expand services to leverage continued corporate growth
- Identify information needs based around current products and services and track how they are being used by current customers.
- Design and improve internal data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach
- Identify additional data sources that can be used to enhance current data sets and improve analysis
- Maximize self-directed and independent work, planning and managing the life-cycle of data collection and research-focused projects.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another hard science field.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a corporate setting doing complex data mining and data and business analysis
- Strong analytical skills with ability to extract meaningful trends from complex data.
- Ability to distill key findings and make meaningful business and product recommendations for improving software-product service offerings in this already-successful global financial services company.
- Experience using statistical programming languages such as R, SAS, or Python plus appropriate toolkits for analyzing large, complex datasets
- Experience with SQL and data modeling is a plus
- Strong experience with optimizing data collection as well as database design, data mining and data modeling.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert problem-solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Experience planning and managing the life-cycle of data collection and research-focused projects.
These additional skills or areas of knowledge would be a plus: data analytics, "BI" business intelligence, computational statistics, business analytics, data mining, statistical analysis.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: