Job #: 7453
Title: Operational Risk Manager - Director
Job Location: Pine Bluff, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $175,000.00 - $265,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Specific Job Description
Accountable for second line of defense evaluation of the effectiveness of the operational risk program within one or more large and complex institutional businesses. The individual will act as the ambassador of the risk culture, by challenging, advising and partnering closely with the businesses, risk, control and support functions to actively manage day to day operational risk and support strategic efforts.
Responsibilities include: Reviewing and challenging processes, risks and controls (PRC), QA and self-assessments of the business and support functions; Conducting operational risk assessments; Reviewing internal and external operational events, working with appropriate parties to determine root causes and monitoring mitigating activities and metrics to ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate control weaknesses; Reviewing and approving new businesses/products; Participating in and reviewing scenario analyses; Evaluating the effectiveness of governance processes, tolerance levels, triggers, mitigation actions and policies and procedures; Supporting senior leaders in strategic initiatives; Participating in business, risk and control committees/forums and assessing effectiveness of governances; Monitoring levers affecting operational risk capital; Monitoring adherence to operational risk standards and policies; Reporting and escalating; Developing and directing staff as required. JOB DESCRIPTION
General Job Description
Answerable for supporting in the evaluation of the usefulness of the Operational Risk Program.
Accountable for execution of one or more of the following: Complete Op Risk Assessments.
Challenge and advise on LOB/ECF/Region Op Risk KRI`s. Challenge LOB/ECF/Region Risk and Controls Self Assessments.
Review Operational Losses for issues. Participate in Scenario Analysis and monitor gap closure.
Assess effectiveness of LOB/ECF/Region Governance.
Monitor levers affecting op risk capital.
Identification and escalation of emerging operational risks.
Participate & challenge within LOB/ECF/Region Risk/Control committees.
Monitor Business/ECF adherence to Enterprise Data Management Policy and Standards for Operational Risk Key Business Elements operational risk policies and standards.
Execute or leverage the Validated Reliance Model.
Act as the ambassador of the risk culture to LOB/ECF/Region.
Develop and direct staff.
Will direct staff. Incumbents typically have over 8+ years of risk management and LOB/ECF/Region experience. QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 + years experience in the Global Markets/Institutional business with notable experience in the business, including a general knowledge of various back functions combined with in-depth subject matter expertise
- Bachelors Degree
- Robust written and verbal communicator with ability to present to senior-most management in a clear and concise way
- Outstanding influencing/negotiation skills and ability to manage debate and conflict professionally, with grit and tenacity
- Outstanding team worker, collaborating effectively across regional and global teams in sharing ideas and finding solutions
- Flexibility in handling dynamic operational risk requirements and business efforts
- Organized, with attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: