Job #: 7456
Title: Operational Risk Management (ORM) - Director
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: $175,000.00 - $265,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) - Director should be conversant with framework of enterprise risk management and Operational Risk Management process for large banks (over $10 billion in asset size), key operational risk category, source of risks of each risk category, risk identification, risk measurement and risk impact assessment process. The staff should have thorough knowledge of risk control self-assessment (RCSA) methodology, documentation standards and presentation format. JOB DESCRIPTION
The ORM - Director also must be familiar with and has good knowledge and understanding in assessing bank control environment, should be able to facilitate stakeholders in documenting RCSA process and support ORM Officer to evaluate the adequacy of the risk assessment
Critical Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be allocated.
- Facilitate Operational Risk Committee
- Supporting ORM Officer to facilitate Operational Risk Management Committee process coordinating each risk owners
- Coordinate with Enterprise Risk team, Regulatory Compliance Team and BSA/AML/OFAC team to prepare consolidated enterprise risk management monitoring dashboard
- Serve as the support management liaison for appointed Operational Risk Committee
- Facilitate RCSA documentation
- Execute RCSA methodology and documentation standards for all operational risk categories
- Train and facilitate risk owners to properly conduct and document RCSA process
- Provide guidance to the risk owners regarding identifying risks, measurement of risk impacts and identifying effective control process
- Provide effective and credible challenges to the risk owners regarding their RCSA results
- Maintain and update RCSA documents periodically
- Support ORM Manager in preparing RCSA summary document to be presented to the Operational Risk Committee (ORC), Enterprise Risk Management Committee (ERMC) and Board Risk Committee (BRC), including overarching risk exposure and control integrity of the entire organization
- Prepare periodic operational risk monitoring and dashboard reports to the ORM Officer and the Chief Risk Officer
- Implement operational risk control and monitoring program
- Maintain a central library of risk policies for applicable risk category
- Facilitate risk owners to develop risk monitoring reports to measure effectiveness of control environment
- Train and facilitate risk owners to identify key preventive controls and detective controls to be periodically tested and monitored by them or by the independent third party
- Support ORM Manager in developing a cohesive operational risk training program
- Conduct Operational risk training for relevant functions
- Assess additional training needs and evaluate available resources.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related equivalent experience.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in banking or similar field and 8 years in a risk/compliance management position.
- Direct experience with the executive management, regulators, auditors, consultants in the industry.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: