Job #: 7640
Title: Process Safety Leader
Job Location: Hopewell, Virginia - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset. JOB DESCRIPTION
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace. This role provides the unique opportunity for leading the research and development application development efforts aligned with the overall Resins and Chemicals strategic global business plans. Will work closely with functions supporting the various segments of Resins & Chemicals including RD&E, Commercial and Manufacturing teams for driving new product and application development and commercialization.
The Senior Process Safety Leader will provide support for driving Process Safety Management (PSM) excellence. This role will provide process safety leadership, functional expertise and direct assistance and is focused on development, implementation and maintenance of an effective systems that assure regulatory compliance, management of PSM and achievement of performance excellence at the operating line level and supporting and enhancing a mature PSM culture.
- Working with the process safety director and operational resources to develop and implement process safety and PSM practices.
- Assist in development of process safety training.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of process safety and PSM (e.g. PHA/LOPA and SIS.)
- Support and enhance PSM auditing program.
- Provide support in process safety incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Participating in Safety Services departmental safety & health programs.
- Support the implementation of PSM programs and practices consistent with the regulatory and corporate requirements
- Assist in evaluating the depth of process safety competencies within operations and establishing programs to assure process safety compliance is effectively and consistently managed.
- Assist in educating senior and line management on their roles in process safety management.
- Provide expert technical support across the organization
- Assist in establishing vision, goals, objectives and targets for PSM performance. Assist in developing quality metrics to drive performance improvement;
- Provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with PSM standards and policies and interpretation of Local, State and National PSM Requirements and Regulations. Review, interpret and communicate procedures, legal and other requirements.
- Assist in deploying the AdvanSix PSM Systems to ensure compliance with requirements.
- A relevant science/ safety/ engineering degree (Bachelors) is required. Additional formal safety certification (e.g. CSP) or engineering (PE) considered a plus.
- 10+ years experience in managing safety/ health programs in the chemical manufacturing industry facility (single & multi-site) experience required; corporate-level experience a strong plus.
- 3-5 years strong working knowledge of process safety OSHA 1910.119.
- 3-5 years demonstrating leadership skills, including a demonstrated aptitude to work with teams and motivate others.
- 3-5 years demonstrating working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of +50%.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all level of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated proficiently with incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, graphics).
- RC-14001 experience
- Positive attitude and solid analytical skills are desired plus the successful candidate should be willing to remain well connected via e-mail and other electronic communication tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills are a must.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: