Job #: 7646
Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Ladson, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The purpose of this position is to identify, analyze and assist in developing correction actions for both acute and/or chronic component and finished good concerns.
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities JOB DESCRIPTION
- Identifies problems related to machining processes, assembly methods and processes of the business operating system (BOS).
- Actively participate in and lead APQP efforts (i.e. PPAPs, PSWs, FMEAs, etc.) for supplied parts.
- Actively participate and support corrective action process including preparation and submission of customer required documentation and construction of 8D problem solving responses.
- Participates in cross-functional team efforts to solve quality related problems. Recommends corrective actions to be taken.
- Provide technical expertise in product development projects, design reviews, verification, validation and manufacturability involving R&D, Product Group, Procurement, Manufacturing and other departments.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality Customer-specific systems and requirements.
- Support Launch and sample part builds to ensure compliance to dimensional and functional requirements. Ensure the appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process.
- Performs in-depth analysis and audits of drive shaft and part assembly concerns. Verifies specifications and tolerances.
- Support internal and 3rd party audits of the production process and ensure timely close out of any required corrective actions.
- Coordinates quality objectives with other departments and supports them in achieving compliance with BOS.
- Develops quality procedures and inspection plans as required. Creates and maintains documentation as required by TS16949.
- Monitors customer portals based on assignment.
- Keeps management abreast of progress, developments and pending problems.
- Coordinates problem solving efforts with respective personnel and provides management with recommended corrective actions.
- Works together with Quality Management to obtain/maintain an ISO IEC 17025 compliant quality management system as well as other quality requirements related to manufacturing processes.
- Complies with ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001, and customer requirements.
- Support and maintain good housekeeping principles using lean manufacturing tools such as 5S.
- Hold and/or stop product shipments if it does not conform to the quality requirements.
- Override any decisions made to ship non-conforming product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor`s degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution is required.
ASQ Certified Quality Manager Course and Certification and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Course and Certification.
3-5 years of quality assurance engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
Experience with various quality processes and systems, to include Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning Process (APQP), Design and Process FMEA, and Statistical Process Control and Capability (SPC).
Trained and knowledgeable in site safety policies and procedures
Working knowledge of gage and test equipment
Knowledge of automotive driveline components.
Familiar with friction welding, balancing, and paint processes.
Working knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and tolerances, standards, and specifications.
In-depth knowledge of structured team problem-solving techniques such as 8D or A3.
Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods to ensure appropriate application and analysis of data, with ability to analyze issues, and solve problems.
Familiarity with lean principles including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, SPC principles and 8 Ways.
Effective interpersonal skills to work with and lead cross-functional teams.
Evidenced leadership capability for collaborating with internal and external customers toward continuous improvement.
Ability to read and write English.
Experience writing, reviewing and approving detailed technical reports.
Strong knowledge of MS Office products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Familiarity with SAP ERP system.
Ability to promote and champion change.
Demonstrated understanding of IRNA Quality Management System (QMS) as applicable to assigned area of responsibility.
Understand the consequences of non-conformances to the customer.
Understand the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to achieving quality objectives (UNIVERSAL per TS 16949).
Working knowledge of ISO 14001, TS 16949 and ISO 17025.
Ability to travel to suppliers, customer and other company sites, domestic and international as required.
How to Apply: