Job #: 7631
Title: Manufacturing Manager
Job Location: Clinton, Iowa - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is one of the largest fabricators of foams, molded fiber and specialty materials in North America. This is a complex, multi-step manufacturing process within a team oriented, customer-driven organization. We have worked with members of their senior management team for the last five years at multiple locations in the US JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is one of the largest fabricators of foams, molded fiber and specialty materials in North America
They need a Manufacturing Manager for this complex, multi-step manufacturing process within a team oriented, customer-driven organization.
The Manufacturing Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, schedule, quality, and quantity specifications assuring on-time delivery to customers.
- Supervise all production personnel and evaluate and rate performance of all direct reports
- Identify, secure approval and hire qualified personnel for the production department
- Provide for professional & skill development and cross training of all personnel
- Establish environment conducive to high performance
- Ensure that communications across all shifts is consistent and complete
- Manage the systems and procedures needed to effectively perform the production functions
- Develop, maintain, and ensure effective execution of documented procedures needed to manage the shop floor comply with applicable quality system (ISO9001 & ISO14001)
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to safe operations and continuous improvement in safety
- Ensure the shop floor remains clean, well-organized, and uncluttered
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to ensuring only 100% conforming product are shipped
- Hold supervisors accountable for their team performing their duties, and evaluating part quality, in accordance with established procedures, control plans, and routings
- Provide the leadership necessary for cost effective operations on the plant floor
- Ensure production schedules are met so that 100% on time delivery can be cost effectively met
- Monitor, analyze, and take action on key departmental measurables (i.e. labor related, scrap rates, material usage, inventory adjustments, dept overhead)
- Manage multiple projects and personnel to plan and execute daily manufacturing schedules and continuous improvement activities.
- BS degree in business or engineering 5+ years manufacturing related management experience
- Strong people management skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proven use of statistical process control techniques
- General understanding of employment laws, ADA, workers compensation
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: