Job #: 7634
Title: Innovation Chemist
Job Location: Providence, Rhode Island - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a leader in coating chemistries for the packaging industry. Their innovation team includes analytical and polymer chemists and electrical, mechanical and software engineers, all dedicated to building proprietary inks, coatings and hardware solutions JOB DESCRIPTION
The Innovation Chemist is responsible for generating coating formulations and protocol development of new UV curable coatings, water-based coatings, and pressroom chemicals for the Graphic Arts market, as well as ongoing project assignments, formal project reports writing, and R&D activities.
- Demonstrated creativity in experimental and protocol development including Design of Experiments.
- Formulation and chemical experience with UV-curable and water-based inks, coatings and/or adhesives
- Knowledge of the Graphic Arts industry: flexographic, gravure, screen and offset printing applications
- Cooperative leadership, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across multi-disciplinary group
- Support and promote a culture of safety by personal demonstration of high level chemical hygiene and safety behaviors
- Ability to mentor and teach junior lab team members
- Ability to work in research setting while enabling formulation scale-up and commercialization
- Knowledge of general patent application process
- BS degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science prefer advanced degree
- Commitment to learning and involvement in new technology trends
- 5 + years industry experience at the bench in a polymer- or adhesive, and, ink coatings field
- Practical, hands-on scientist with good lab technique and problem-solving ability including DOE.
- Strong computer, organizational, and destructive/mechanical testing skills
- Ability to work in a small group setting and detail oriented in written and verbal communications
- Ability to travel occasionally to customers, suppliers and trade shows
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: