Job #: 7588
Title: OPERATIONS MANAGER - Tier I Automotive
Job Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
An exceptional World Class Tier I automotive supplier has an immediate need to fill an OPERATIONS MANAGER position for their flagship plant located just south of Kalamazoo, MI. The successful candidate will have a strong background with a list of accomplishments working in a similar role within a unionized, medium to large size, high volume automotive supplier environment.
Key issues/talent needed:
- Automotive experience
- High volume manufacturing experience
- Has worked with Unions
- Team player
BASIC FUNCTION: Plan, organize, and lead the human and operational resources for a defined group of workcells within a designated area of authority. Establish and meet quality, safety, productivity, cost, and delivery goals of the respective operation.
- Develops subordinates and administers human resources activities as they relate to performance and compensation management, utilization of training resources, and the application of company policies and procedures for an assigned group of employees; includes periodic involvement in the hiring of employees. Oversees functions of both union and salaried work force.
- Develops, administers, and is accountable for operating within constraints of approved operating budget.
- Provide a clean and safe work environment and understand and ensure workcell compliance with occupational safety and health procedures, reinforcing or reviewing safety training and policies with employees, accident prevention and hazard analysis, housekeeping, and assisting in the management of workers compensation cases.
- Monitors process and overall productivity systems; establishes corrective actions with support services to solve equipment, scrap, rate or quality deficiencies.
- Plans, organizes, and communicates the work structure, assignments, schedules and responsibilities necessary to ensure that production plans are met and that personnel has the tools to perform the job to attain goals. Highly interactive with the customer and chairs daily internal meetings to coordinate these activities.
- Communicates and aligns employees with organizational goals; develops employees through guidance and training; works to maintain a positive management/union relationship.
- Carries out assigned functions described in Policies, Procedures, and Quality Manuals, and implements TS16949 procedures.
- Active participant in Cost Reduction.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Makes recommendations, plans and suggestions that promote continuous improvement throughout the organization, with an emphasis on process and quality improvement.
- Promotes and supports Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Lean activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Business, Industrial Technology, or Engineering preferred. Evidence of strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication, problem solving and leadership skills necessary. Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and technology preferred. Should be well grounded in statistical principles, JIT and cellular production, and supervisory techniques. Must be able to work in a team oriented environment. Experience in a union shop helpful.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: